• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Wake needs to do at Clemson

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I know we are all just blowing in the wind, but here a few suggestions for the staff

1. Givens will be double teamed. Lobo has to come up with some routes to get him free, like crossing routes and misdirection. Also, means that there will single coverage on some other receivers. Tanner needs to be aware -- Dembry could have a huge game

2. Passes have to be short. I don't see Tanner having a ton of time to throw with our OL.

3. Tanner needs to get rid of the ball and avoid the sack.

4. Don't think we will have a lot of success running wide. Need counter plays and misdirection.

5. Would like for us to find a way to put some pressure on the QB

6. When we get the lead, don't go conservative. FGs wouldn't win the game, need TDs.

7. Would like our DBs to just play and put away the trash talk. Feel free to add to list

I know we are all just blowing in the wind, but here a few suggestions for the staff

1. Givens will be double teamed. Lobo has to come up with some routes to get him free, like crossing routes and misdirection. Also, means that there will single coverage on some other receivers. Tanner needs to be aware -- Dembry could have a huge game

2. Passes have to be short. I don't see Tanner having a ton of time to throw with our OL.

3. Tanner needs to get rid of the ball and avoid the sack.

4. Don't think we will have a lot of success running wide. Need counter plays and misdirection.

5. Would like for us to find a way to put some pressure on the QB

6. When we get the lead, don't go conservative. FGs wouldn't win the game, need TDs.

7. Would like our DBs to just play and put away the trash talk. Feel free to add to list

:stupid::laugh::wtftard::rofl:Facepalm:rulz:

Our game plan will be run, run, pass like it is every week. We're looking at a blowout, folks.

We beat a surging FSU and shoulda/woulda/coulda against ND. I think we'll lose this one, and yes it could get out of hand, but no reason to think that we can't make a game of it. As it was stated on this board and elsewhere a few weeks ago just as the Clemson buzz was getting started, the Tigers have a tendency to fade/stumble after the midpoint of the season. Maybe that holds true and starts this Saturday.

Blast our kickoffs through the end zone, or at least five yard deep.

Not sure Newman can do that, but it's what we need.

Score more points than Clemson. That should help us win the football game.

We beat a surging FSU and shoulda/woulda/coulda against ND. I think we'll lose this one, and yes it could get out of hand, but no reason to think that we can't make a game of it. As it was stated on this board and elsewhere a few weeks ago just as the Clemson buzz was getting started, the Tigers have a tendency to fade/stumble after the midpoint of the season. Maybe that holds true and starts this Saturday.

I wish I was as optimistic, but we get crushed every time we go to death valley regardless of how good Clemson is. That and I have no faith in Lobo to create a winning strategy outside of what we have already done this year.

:stupid::laugh::wtftard::rofl:Facepalm:rulz:

Hey, don't knock Bud! He is the one who said on the old boards that Bill Haas needed to make more putts and play better on Sundays to win. That worked out pretty well!!!! I just hope our coaches are reading this like I assume Bill Haas did.

it would be really nice if our D could step up on clemson 3rd downs as well.

Ideally, you'd like time-consuming drives like Georgia Tech had. It keeps the Clemson offense on the sidelines and keeps them from gaining any rhythm. The Tiger defense is aggressive and fast, so misdirection will be important. Give Tanner time to throw and hope he makes good decisions and is accurate with the ball. Have to wonder about Clemson's mindset coming off of a disheartening loss a couple of weeks ago. Noon kickoff. Maybe they won't be completely into it.

That said, I think we get blown out. Hoping for the best though.

As always, the key will be sustaining drives.

Note to Lobo: This does not mean run, run, pass, punt.

Imo we need to roll tanner out more than we are. I think it would help against the pass rush.

What we don't need to do is another accidental onside kick to start the game.

Since when did Clemson turn into the 72 Dolphins? Shit they barely beat Wofford?! Yeah, we'll have to play well and all but this isn't mission impossible. This team is no better than FSU or Notre Dame...

I agree this team is a bit overrated but all Clemson teams are and we still get our asses handed to us each time we go to the valley. I refuse to get my hopes up only for them to be dashed. I remember that shackling we took last time. I was there. We were lucky they quit playing after going up 35-3 at the half.

Sent from my iPhone

Back