• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Would It Take to Make You Bzz-In?

booradley

Reaction score
Seriously. I'm pretty much Bzz-Out, mostly based on the depressing atmosphere at Joel. When friends/family come into Winston from out-of-town, I can't entertain them with a Wake game because, frankly, it's not entertaining anymore. Buuuuuuut ... if he shocks the world and guides us to, say, a .500 ACC record, I might change my tune. What about you? Don't shoot the messenger, mind ... ;)

A NIT appearance would make me Buzz wait. Won't be buzz in unless he wins an ACC championship or reaches the Sweet 16. He was hired to win the post season, and I am not moving my bar just because of how far away from that we are.

nothing. literally nothing. we could win every game from here to eternity and I would still bleed #bzzout. he's earned it.

He would need to achieve at least as much as Skip did. A regular season title, consistent NCAA appearances and wins over UNC and Duke, and a Sweet 16.

In other words, it's not going to happen.

At this point, nothing. He's awful, even if he was winning.

nothing. literally nothing. we could win every game from here to eternity and I would still bleed #bzzout. he's earned it.

Same. It's beyond wins and losses now. The man has an obvious contempt for fans, media, and his own players. He doesn't deserve our support.

If he won us a national championship, he could stay another year. Each national championship buys him another year. Nothing less than that.

Jeff, if you want me to become BuzzIn you must do the following:

Lower your flags and march straight back to Colorado, stopping at every alumni home you pass by to beg forgiveness for three years of theft, rape, and murder of our once proud basketball program. Do that and you shall be forgiven. Do it not, and every one of you will die in all of our hearts today.

Before we let you leave, your athletic director must cross that court, present himself before the screamin demons, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

Nothing.

(1) The way he has thrown our players under the bus is unforgivable.
(2) Regardless of what he is able to accomplish this year, the number of players that have transferred out of our program is such a tremendous indictment of his ability to relate to players and coach him up that I cannot imagine any way he could sustain success at Wake.
(3) The way he talked to Dan Collins in the video posted from the High Point post-game press conference tells me all I need to know about this man. He is not who I want representing Wake Forest University on the basketball court.

Last edited:
He would need to achieve at least as much as Skip did. A regular season title, consistent NCAA appearances and wins over UNC and Duke, and a Sweet 16.

In other words, it's not going to happen.

Let me amend to say that these are the conditions under which I could tolerate him being Wake's coach. I don't think I would actually like the guy even if he won us natties. He's just such a weasel of a human being.

Nothing.

(1) The way he has thrown our players under the bus is unforgivable.
(2) Regardless of what he is able to accomplish this year, the number of players that have transferred out of our program is such a tremendous indictment of his ability to relate to players and coach him up that I cannot imagine any way he could sustain success at Wake.
(3) The way he talked to Dan Collins in the video posted from the High Point post-game press conference tells me all I need to know about this man. He is not who I want representing Wake Forest University on the basketball court.

What was the video?

What was the video?

It's posted on the "We work on it. Ask them" thread, but I'll repost it here because I'm all for showing what an asshole Bz is as much as possible. Dan asks his question about rebounding at the 4:53 mark.

Winning the ACC Tournament would be a pretty compelling and interesting case. Say he was 4-14 in the ACC and then pulled a Georgia from a few years back. I know that this Wake team is way worse KenPom-wise than Georgia was, but what if he won 4 games in 4 days to give us an NCAA berth at like 15-19?

Despite winning the ACC-T I think most people would still wouldn't want him here because we would likely lose as a #13 seed and we're right back where we were except RW is telling us he was right with the hire because he wins in March.

I guess at that point we would know winning 4 games in a row is possible, regardless of who it's against. Right now Bz's longest winning streak at Wake is 3 games (3 times!!!!).

Back