• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would make you abort your unborn child? v2

What would make you abort your child?

• Total voters

DeacFan2010

Reaction score
Mods, please delete my previous thread.

Expounding on the abortion thread.

What would make you abort your child?

the first 4, with the condom one pretty much only if it ended up being one of the first 3.

might be different if I were single

I forgot to add an option for "I would never abort for any reason."

Bummer

What is "Pray and Spray?"

Genesis 38:9

And Onan knew that the descendant would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give a descendant to his brother.

BTW God punished Onan for doing this by killing him.

Child would kill the mother or the child would die anyway. Family friend went through the former. They decided to give birth anyway... both mother and child died. It is impossible to express the agony he went/still goes through.

Child would kill the mother or the child would die anyway. Family friend went through the former. They decided to give birth anyway... both mother and child died. It is impossible to express the agony he went/still goes through.

I can't believe anyone would actually do this.

It is pretty obvious none of you that voted are parents.

I know nothing about that situation but that was a terrible decision. I can't support a God that would agree with that sort of decision making.

Possibly some version of the first three. But it would depend on the actual problems and level of certainty wrt risks and outcomes, etc.

None of the rest.

I would advocate to abort if the test for Downs were positive.

Call me a terrible person I guess.

Terrible but honest.

I don't think it is all that terrible. Thankfully I have never had to make that decision but I know a couple who has and they made the very painful choice to abort. I would bet if they were asked that question hypothetically years earlier they would have said they would keep it. None of us really know what we would do unless faced with the real life choice.

The crazy thing about the Downs test is there are many cases where the test was wrong. I knew a couple like that. Thought they were having a Downs Syndrome baby, and turned out the test was wrong. I can't imagine having to live with the guilt of ending your own child's life.

The only time I would consider abortion is if the life of the mother was at stake, and even then I know what my wife's answer would be if the doctor told us that the baby had a good chance of survival. We would be having that baby. If there was almost no chance of survival for the child and my wife had poor odds of making it through the labor then and only then would I even consider abortion because at that point you are risking 2 lives instead of just 1.

But I can't imagine having to make that decision, and hope that I never do.

The crazy thing about the Downs test is there are many cases where the test was wrong.

Not really. Amniocentesis tests are over 99% accurate and the less than 1% is usually due to human error.

I would advocate to abort if the test for Downs were positive.

Call me a terrible person I guess.

Exceptionally difficult... my wife and I have worked with the Human Race, Gateway and After Gateway programs in Greensboro for a number of years...several of the 'kids' have since passed. As hard as the experience has been the parents have marveled at the Love they received and the courage their kids showed. They feel extremely blessed to have had the time together and miss those kids immensely. Some folks with Downs are pure LOVE.

Stig...that is incredibly sad. So sorry for your friend...in the case where the mother's life is in question then I support the decision. My wife has 3 other children who depend on her. Were we to decide to have a 4th and there were severe complications then the 3 healthy children would take precedence and I would ask for God's mercy.

Getting a girl pregnant

Same, I'm not ready for a kid and would be a terrible father at this point in my life. Talk about setting yourself up but I'd be less likely with a son.

Not going to lie though, the other abortion thread I started being fairly heavily pro-choice. I think the pro-lifers made better arguments and has me thinking a bit.

Last edited:
Back