• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would you do if Randolph was named Head Coach tomorrow?

:cool: :confused: :eek: :D :dancindeac: :golfclap: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :bowdown: :circlejerk:

I would feel momentary relief. And, if he was given less than a 3 year contract I would be happy. A longer contract would trouble me.

I'd facepalm. Randolph did great things as a player, but hasn't shown anything to convince me he is ready to coach at an ACC school.

I'm just looking for some emotion. No better place to look than Chill. Regardless of coaching experience.

Whomever the next coach is, that will mean that Bzz is gone. I've got an unopened bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label that I have been saving for a special occasion. The day that Bzz leaves is the day the seal is broken.

Besides, having the ability to coach at an ACC school clearly isn't high on Ron's list of requirements for the job.

I'd be even more pissed than I am now. Very high certainty of failure and his legacy would go down with him. On top of that, he'd be near impossible to fire. We can do MUCH MUCH better. And we need to do much better in order to get us out of this hole.

Last edited:
Be scared to death that I'd want him fired in a few years. He hasn't shown any coaching skill at all. He'd do better than Buzz, but that's not saying anything

to give a real answer, we do NOT want iconic wake figures as head coaches. I would hope he understands why the risks outweigh the rewards. He's best utilized as a spokesman, and can do just as much good in that capacity as HC.

I'd be even more pissed than I am now. Very high certainty of failure and his legacy would go down with him. On top of that, he'd be near impossible to fire. We can do MUCH MUCH better. And we need to do much better in order to get us out of this hole.

Agreed.

Well fuck it then...shut up about Bz being here. Sorry for bringing it up..

Back