• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would you do if Randolph was named Head Coach tomorrow?

I'm just looking for some emotion. No better place to look than Chill. Regardless of coaching experience.

Why not go for emotion AND actual coaching experience? There's plenty of that out there.

Hire Rick Barnes after Texas lets him go. Let's get this shit in order.

don't think there are any survivors the next time this thing changes over.

Why not go for emotion AND actual coaching experience? There's plenty of that out there.

i'm as #bzzout as anybody, but how could you possibly think chill would be the right coach for the job? here's his official coaching resume:

Director of Player Development, Wake Forest University - 2012-present

[that's the end]

Well fuck it then...shut up about Bz being here. Sorry for bringing it up..

So, in your mind there are only two options: Hire Childress tomorrow or stop complaining about [Redacted]. WTF?

I would cry if Chill was the hire. I am actually kind of sad that he and Rusty are tied to Bz at the moment.

Need a clean sweep....including Battle, and I really like Battle as a coach but the next coach must come in with his guys and no ties to the atrocity of a head coach that we have now.

I have zero hard feelings toward Bz. The guy is doing the best he can. He just isn't a good college head coach. He lacks the persona so nobody ever buys in. Knowing the game of basketball does not make a good coach. Bz simply isn't a good coach.

Everyone needs to be gone. You can leave Chill in an administrative position perhaps by no one should remain in any basketball coaching capacity.

You hire the best man for the job. Period. You don't hire someone just because they're legacy. That goes for Chill, Rusty and Currie.

What still needs to happen first is for the BOT to force Hatch to fire Wellman.

I'd feel sad for Chill. Being put in this situation wouldn't be fair.

Isn't Randolph technically still in a position where he is not allowed to do ANY coaching at all? So he would have absolutely zero coaching experience his entire life & be named head coach of an ACC team? Wow Bzz's incompetence has poisoned people's minds.

Be pissed -- Chill is the reason we're in the mess! Remember that every football loss is because of Lobo? Its always an assistant coach's fault!

That would be a bad move. Chill has never coached. I would love for him and Rusty to go out and get some quality coaching experience. If it works out that they return one day, then great. But we need an experienced head coach with his own staff who will come in and implement his own system. Enough of the hodge podge AD putting together a staff nonsense.

Invite everyone to the Pants Party!
tumblr_m60oygAIgF1rqruk7.jpg

I certainly didn't mean hire Chill as the permanent head coach. Just meant for the remainder of the year. Then slide him back to the AD office, and hire a completely NEW basketball staff...

I certainly didn't mean hire Chill as the permanent head coach. Just meant for the remainder of the year. Then slide him back to the AD office, and hire a completely NEW basketball staff...

Even that would be a bad move. It's Battle's team if Bz is fired tomorrow. He's the most experienced, responsible for bringing most of these guys to Wake, and is deserving of a head coach position at his next stop. He would have the best shot at maximizing our potential for the remainder of the season.

Battle doesn't want the HC position here. Even if he did, i'd hate to slap an interim tag on him for one month just to send him packing when a new staff is hired. He deserves better. Hence, Randolph with zero coaching experience takes over for the final month. No way in hell he could do any worse, even if he just rolled the ball out and said play ball.

No interim coach at this point. If they caught lightning in a bottle then the pressure would be on to retain them.

Battle with 1 month of being head coach is better than no head coaching experience. Being an interim for a short time is not a negative unless you crap the bed.

Back