• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What you would change in the ACC

What Would You Change in the ACC if you were Commish for a couple of months

• Expand to more teams

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Contract back to "original ACC" teams

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Create a legit ACC Network (tv rights, quality internet streaming, etc.)

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Create & succesfully market Tobacco Road rivalry tournament in fball/bball with State/UNC/Duke/WFU

Votes: 18 16.8%

• Total voters

TravelingDeacon

Reaction score
You are the ACC Commish and you can choose one and only one option. And, you must live with it for the next 2-3 years before another option becomes readily available....what would you do?

Last edited:
1.) BzzOut

Figured I'd get to it first.

#1 first and then #3 in a couple years.

I'm still not convinced super conferences won't be happening. And if they do, I'd rather have first choice in the next four schools...

Personally, I'd prefer to contract to the original ACC teams, but I understand that such a conference will inevitably be pushed to the margins by the 12+ team mega-conferences that are rising to power now.

Get the teams not named Dick and UNC better basketball coaches.

Create & succesfully market Tobacco Road rivalry tournament in fball/bball with State/UNC/Duke/WFU

AKA: How to piss off the other eight teams in the conference while catering to Wake Forest.

2 and 4.

Contract and go back to Tobacco Road rivalries. Nostalgic and impractical, but my vote nonetheless.

it could really elevate the conference if we added a school like uncc

Fixing the football schedule should be an option, as we prepare to play Carolina for the first time since the Eisenhower administration.

Near Term: Try to convince Notre Dame, Syracuse, UConn, and Pitt to join. When Notre Dame turns us down, try for Rutgers.

Long Term: Create ACC Network.

It sucks, but it would be best for the ACC, and, therefore, it would be the best for Wake Forest. If the ACC disintegrated, hello C-USA.

I chose #3 along with a majority of others. It doesn't matter now, but I would have joined up with the Pac-12 as well as east/west coast mid-major conferences like the Big West and CAA to start the Coast to Coast College Sports Network.

Back