• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's a great hot sauce for chili?

imma have to check out some tj's hot sauce

i made some home made sriracha the other week. shit is legit.

I just tried Trader Joe's brand last night and liked it a lot. It's simple, three ingredients and no preservatives; Jalapenos, Vinegar and Salt. On the hot side of a normal table sauce (i.e. it's hotter than the typical Texas Pete/Cholula/etc, but not on par with the sauces that are proud to be hotter than most can consume). I like the lack of crap and it has solid taste. A little saltier than some sauces maybe.
agreed

Don't bean the chili. Sick nasty.

Agreed with Cholula to spice it up individually for guests, but a hollowed out jalepeno floating around in the chili is a nice garnish and adds a little bit of kick. Keep the seeds in for a bigger kick.

lol...I laugh at Texans and their silly "no beans in chili" crap. It's a helluva lot easier to make a meal out of chili if you add beans.

1780692_658520570853640_932747400_n.jpg

lol...I laugh at Texans and their silly "no beans in chili" crap. It's a helluva lot easier to make a meal out of chili if you add beans.

Maybe so, if convenience is your goal :thumbsup: I can make a hell of a lot more and tastier chili with two pounds of beef, two large onions, three bell peppers, and two-three cans of Rotel that'll last several days.

I'm official frijole contest judge in ole meehico and this year gonna try to do chili too. Frijole is obv most prestigious and historical and they added chili contest a few years ago so it will be like dale junior driving in a Busch race but still cool so wish me luck it's cray down here not exactly hygiene and what not but sometimes they kill the animals right there in front of you and also use the blood so at least it's fresh

What I learned in this thread:

I want DV7 to cook chili for me.

I'm a Texan, and knowingly lose #TexasCred for this, but Chili is better with some kidney beans in it. It just is.

Now ground meat? Just fuck yourself if you put that shit in your pot.

OOOOOOPS

Back