• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the worst football hire Wellman could make? (No Lobo)

I don't read anything into that tweet from Lobo. It is pretty much assumed when your HC leaves that you won't have a job at the school anymore.

If it's a fait accompli, then why tweet it out? You might be right, but it struck me as noteworthy. Also, I wouldn't mind running the orbit around Mrs. Lobo, if you get my drift.

He was just replying to someone that tweeted "@CoachLobotzke Wait. What???" in response to his "13 years of wake gear tweet". Obviously hadn't heard the news. Nothing to see hear.

If it's a fait accompli, then why tweet it out? You might be right, but it struck me as noteworthy. Also, I wouldn't mind running the orbit around Mrs. Lobo, if you get my drift.

She probably wouldn't mind it, too. She can't even get 3 yards and a cloud of dust from Lobo.

He was just replying to someone that tweeted "@CoachLobotzke Wait. What???" in response to his "13 years of wake gear tweet". Obviously hadn't heard the news. Nothing to see hear.

Probably someone who doesn't understand how the business works. I'm not sure if Lobo understands how the business works. He's been shielded from it under Grobe's wings for years. I'm curious if he's just going to tie himself to Grobe or strike out on his own. I don't see how anybody who has seen Wake play or has access to stats would hire him for anything.

Last edited:
I hope the answer to the OP's question is not included in the PR announcing our new HC. But with RW in charge, that possibility cannot be ruled out...

Back