• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the worst football hire Wellman could make? (No Lobo)

Worst Hire: Hiring Steve Spurrier Jr. just for his name. I understand he was stripped of play calling duties in Columbia and has not received much interest from even low level schools despite the name he inherited and a long resume.

this thread is hilarious for so many reasons.

on a side note, how the hell did Jeff Jagodzinski drop off the college football radar so damn fast? I mean all he did was interview for the Jets job and get fired by BC for doing so. I thought he was a solid coach the couple years he was there...

As excited as I am for a new staff it is pretty sad seeing Lobo's twitter picture of all the WFU gear.

As excited as I am for a new staff it is pretty sad seeing Lobo's twitter picture of all the WFU gear.

FWIW, 6h references 2100 on 12/6/2012. Wonder if something is about to break.

Steed Lobotzke ‏@CoachLobotzke 6h
@62nvon we are all done at WF. Looking for new jobs.

P.S. Mrs. Lobo might be his best call ever.

FWIW, 6h references 2100 on 12/6/2012. Wonder if something is about to break.

Steed Lobotzke ‏@CoachLobotzke 6h
@62nvon we are all done at WF. Looking for new jobs.

P.S. Mrs. Lobo might be his best call ever.

No, 6h refers to when he tweeted that. About 3 pm this afternoon.

No, 6h refers to when he tweeted that. About 3 pm this afternoon.

Right, I think we can all get there on the 9 p.m.-6h math. The point is that Grobe wasn't fired at 3 p.m. today. What I'm wondering is if they all got the "Don't even bother, we're going in a different direction" message some time today from RW.

Right, I think we can all get there on the 9 p.m.-6h math. The point is that Grobe wasn't fired at 3 p.m. today. What I'm wondering is if they all got the "Don't even bother, we're going in a different direction" message some time today from RW.

Right, and 3 pm isn't 2100.

Right, and 3 pm isn't 2100.

*sigh*

FFS, BBD.

2100=9:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m. - 6h = 3:00 p.m.

Second grade math aside (and never the point), it happened TODAY. I'm guessing that there was a reason it happened TODAY, and not the day Grobe "resigned."

THAT is the point.

I don't read anything into that tweet from Lobo. It is pretty much assumed when your HC leaves that you won't have a job at the school anymore.

Back