• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the worst movie you saw in the theater?

Bronson Pinchot

Sam Cronin
Reaction score
I've never walked out of one personally.

I went on a double date with wp09 and two skeezies to see Alex and Emma, and I'm fairly sure that was the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters.

They
The Strangers

I thought 'He's Just Not that in to You' was really awful but not because it was a bad movie just because it's a horrible message.

This is about expectations. If I go see a movie that I expect to be "meh" or just "ok", then I am fine with it. These three were steaming piles of cookoutdeac with huge budgets and expectations. They were absolutely horrible, and I wanted to walk out of them.

the-perfect-storm-poster-214922.jpg

l_79553_0213149_9291baa5.jpg

panic_room_02.jpg

Jodie Foster reminded me of how bad Contact was...

but the winner is "In Love and War" w/ Chrissy O'Donald and Sandy Bullock. GOOD God

Walked out of this one when I was in high school. I somehow got roped into going to this movie with five or six girl (space) friends, and even they thought it was awful. We got up and left 10 mins into the movie.

215px-Slidingdoors.jpg

I think it actually had decent reviews, so it was probably a time and place thing and we just weren't into it.

The closest I've come to walking out that I remember was "The Master."

I stayed thinking that eventually the movie would have a point but it never did. Its too bad because artistically I thought it was very visually stimulating with great acting. But there was just no point.

Jonah Hex is the first movie that comes to mind.

I paid $1.50 to see it at the Post Theater at Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany. I paid way too much.

Open Water.

I couldn't believe I just paid money to watch two people sitting in water for over an hour.

What Dreams May Come - Robin Williams

The Order - Heath Ledger

Toss up between the terribleness of those two movies

I hated Alpha Dog, but I don't know that I'd hate it if I saw it again, and it seems pretty well regarded.

Worst has to be Ninja Assassin or Your Highness for me. Both were just brutally, brutally bad.

Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. It was terrrrrible.

Back