• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When did American Culture peak?

It hasn't yet. American culture is still the most influential culture in the world and there haven't been any serious indications of that changing.

What aspects of American culture are dominant has changed over time, but it's still our strongest export. It's the least discussed but most influential aspect of our power in the world.

From a musical standpoint, we (well black folks) did literally invent two genres of music that continue to influence other genres in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

We also invented three now global sports in the 19th century.

Literature in the late 19th century was pretty important too.

Was the modern downfall LeBron taking his talents to south beach?

Was the modern downfal LeBron taking his talents to south beach?
Definitely a factor. If we want a specific marker, then Real World Season 6 in Boston definitely feels like the start of a downward trend.

"modern downfall" implies that there was a peak post-9/11 and recession -- I'm not convinced

Going to be crazy when a Gen Xer runs for President on a MAGA platform coming out to Nirvana and Wu-Tang songs.

Kelee Ringo "My Heart Will Go On" Mashup with Kirby helping Bryce Young up off the turf.

Probably boomer shit

It’s been downhill since N64
Yep - and I'll narrow it down further.

1265.jpg

Back