• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Should I worry that my daughter is not talking.

Not sure how educational they really are. When I was in grad school (getting a masters in education) I read some research that said a lot of so-called educational shows were doing more harm than good. I think the article blamed these shows for a lot of ADHD issues later on. The shows move so fast that the children don't have time to process what they have learned or something.

I'm speaking from memory here, someone with more experience in early childhood education would probably know more.

This is the same problem they found with Spongebob... the lack of continuity on the tube is appalling at all ages and there is not much doubt that it can contribute to a disheveled and un-focused mind.

I stiil think Neil Postman's insightful little book "Amusing Ourselves to Death" is a fine primer on the effects of the tube on everything from child development to the educations system to the enetertainment factor in our politics.

I'd MUCH rather be a BadAss than a BullShitter. Duhhh

I have a double helping of BS. I still chuckle that they consider programming a computer to be a "science." Building one? Sure. Programming one? Negative.

Back