• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When will our new coach be named?

When will we name the new coach?

• One week (by May2)

Votes: 59 56.7%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Three weeks

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Longer than that

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Whenever DR says Yes

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hear Matta is waiting on Sarr's decision. He won't consider the job until Sarr is 100% committed to coming back. Could be weeks!

Makes sense. Why sign a 5-year contract if you don't get to coach a French big man for 6 months on your way to an openinig round loss in the ACCT ?

Also heard that Miller and Odom withdrew their names after Chaundee released his final 4 and Wake wasn't on the list.

Gibson reopened his recruiting.
The reanimated corpse of Bob Wooden pulled his name out of consideration.

Gibson reopened his recruiting.
The reanimated corpse of Bob Wooden pulled his name out of consideration.
Kelsey is probably reconsidering based on that. It may end up being Childress by default if we keep losing players...then again, I heard his son was leaving the team too!

Probably late this week. I can't imagine we'd drag this into next week unless we get turned down by multiple people on our list.

Honestly think that Currie already has the next coach in the bag. Matta? Forbes?

Why hire a search firm if you already have a target? This could take a few weeks

Why hire a search firm if you already have a target? This could take a few weeks
No one has said when the firm was hired. It sounds like interviews have been rapid fire since they are virtual. No reason to expect weeks.

I guessed 3 weeks in the poll.
Now, I’m thinking it’ll happen within the next week.

(This is based in my confidential, inside information, of course)

i Don’t feel like we’d be interviewing multiple candidates if Currie already had a hire ready before today.

i Don’t feel like we’d be interviewing multiple candidates if Currie already had a hire ready before today.

To give the impression that you conducted a thorough search, even if you have your man from the beginning.

And it's a courtesy to people with Wake connections like Miller and Kelsey and Turner. It allows them to say they were a candidate for the Wake job.

Back