• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where's the Duke Chinese Party thread?

Beer-olympics could get dicey but hey, its taking pride in the country you are representing.

If I dress green and act drunk as a rep for Ireland, are you a raciost?

Nope, just a run-of-the-mill dipshit.

WHOA!

9b9d7debdc960d459a1116a74330c30c350743285.gif

Mesmerizing

And in all likelihood they've never hung out there, or even know those people. As with most of these things, the ignorant are the ones propagating the stereotypes.

lol yeah it's a myth. i knew a few KAs, roommate freshman year was a KA, several dudes on my hall were KAs. Not saying it's a racist frat or everyone's racist, but the rainbow coalition they ain't

lol yeah it's a myth. i knew a few KAs, roommate freshman year was a KA, several dudes on my hall were KAs. Not saying it's a racist frat or everyone's racist, but the rainbow coalition they ain't

Right. Just like people in Maine aren't the most attractive and social people in the US, but by and large they aren't all the Unabomber either, despite ignorant popular belief.

We had a MLK Day party for the first MLK Day in NC. Lots of Old E and The Bull, MD 20/20. Definitely no black face.

Here is the 2nd comment from that NBC news link:

"You yankee gays deserve everything you get--in the old days--I understand that the gays were thrown in front of a train---now they are glorified as they go out to recruit children such as in the boy and girl scouts---note the Confederate shirt I am wearing--in 1861----th gays were required to pick cotton alone with others--but Honest Abe Gay Lincoln put a stop to that ---no mor free labor for picking the cotton--the old saying--you southerners had no shoes to wear untill we northerners brought our money south--if you do like the south-----I-95 goes north--to Main--get on it and go home yankee

#1.1 - Wed Feb 6, 2013 2:58 PM EST"

Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

I don't want to live in a country where universities in the southeast are afraid to throw racist theme parties

do germans get their panties in a wad when everyone dresses up for oktoberfest? do irish americans get upset over the US version of st. patty's day?

No, you don't. I was a KA and we would have never let anyone put on blackface. Unless you went to Wake in the 70s, you are way out of your depth.

Unless you're a 12th year super senior, I'm not sure how you're commenting with such certainty.

I don't want to live in a country where universities in the southeast are afraid to throw racist theme parties

One of the most notorious Nazis was Josef Mengele. He had a fascination....

Right. Just like people in Maine aren't the most attractive and social people in the US, but by and large they aren't all the Unabomber either, despite ignorant popular belief.

so you'd want to make a bet that if i went up to a random soph, jr or sr at wake and asked which was more likely: someone from maine is a crazy anti-social person or a KA is a rich, probably-racist, white kid, what would their answer be?

Unless you're a 12th year super senior, I'm not sure how you're commenting with such certainty.

If the KA's had a party and someone was in blackface in the last 10 years (my board life), I would assume that would have gotten some attention in the media and on the board. Pretty sure I joined these boards right when the Sig Eps got some pigs drunk and that was national news.

Edit: in the late 80's/early 90's, there was a Pimp and Ho's party. Guess the name changed to Rappers.

Last edited:
I dunno when I hooked up with a black girl on pledge night I had plenty of loud racial slurs yelled in my direction, never remember any article on the incident and easily 50 people had to have heard, it was a crowded frat party dancefloor.

Back