• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHICH IS A BIGGER DEAL THIS WEEKEND, WIN VS FSU OR AYO COMMITS TO WAKE ?

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
Hopefully get both but if not, which is the bigger deal? AYO !!!!!!!!

I'm pretty convinced that any further victories by the football team this season are just icing on the cake since we've already beaten App State.

And I'd be very surprised if Ayo committed this weekend with other official visits still planned.

I'm pretty convinced that any further victories by the football team this season are just icing on the cake since we've already beaten App State.

And I'd be very surprised if Ayo committed this weekend with other official visits still planned.

They might not even be up for the FSU game after the App win. A legitimate concern.

One is likely the difference between a mediocre bowl game and a slightly less mediocre bowl game. The other would likely make us a final four contender in two years.

In all seriousness, beating FSU in football is bigger than just about anything that isn't a conference or national championship.

In all seriousness, beating FSU in football is bigger than just about anything that isn't a conference or national championship.

Top tier recruit crushes a single football victory that will be relatively meaningless by the end of the year.

We beat FSU and we are 5 and 0. it's a pretty big jump to automatically conclude that that's going to be a meaningless win.

Top tier recruit crushes a single football victory that will be relatively meaningless by the end of the year.

Not really. It depends on how the recruit pans out, which is unknowable until after the recruit's career is over. He could be the next "insert hyped recruit that didn't perform here."

So it sounds like a great question. We have thoughts for both sides.
I personally think Ayo would translate to more wins and recognition for the hoops program for several years but beating FSU would virtually guarantee us a bowl game and a top 25 ranking next week which would be an unexpectedly huge accomplishment too.

I mean it's very possible that Wake wins this weekend and Clemson loses @VT. That at least puts us "in the running" for a championship game berth.

I mean it's very possible that Wake wins this weekend and Clemson loses @VT. That at least puts us "in the running" for a championship game berth.

If we somehow ended up winning another football ACC title, all those once in a life time fluke people would die. I may be ok with that.

Both. Doofus question. You can have both- and both are within our grasp.

Win over FSU trumps the verbal commitment of a kid who's ceiling is to be a contributor on a Top 10 team that gets upset in the round of 32

Back