• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which movie would probably make more money?

Which movie probably makes the big bucks?

• Total voters
i much, much prefer reading the absurd arguments rj makes to all the wolves who jump at any thread he posts in

like i get that he makes indefensible arguments and then defends them to the death (of logic) and it's awesome

but can't we just admire it without going through the same jokes every single time?

This isn't an opinion-based thing. The facts are solidly in favor of Hanks. That's the reality. Look at the data I've provided.

i much, much prefer reading the absurd arguments rj makes to all the wolves who jump at any thread he posts in

like i get that he makes indefensible arguments and then defends them to the death (of logic) and it's awesome

but can't we just admire it without going through the same jokes every single time?

Uh, Townie, you started this very thread.

he started the tom cruise article thread; the one with an actual, interesting discussion topic

I think you could even go a step further and say Hanks ushered in the era of big stars doing animation in which people go to hear the voice.

Who voiced Ariel, the Beast, Aladdin?

Robin Williams was Genie.

I made a mistake about Goats.

The reality is if it's not a franchise animation it's more likely that Clooney will do better at this point in time.

There's no sense continuing as no one will change their minds.

So what is Clooney's iconic movie? The Ocean's Eleven franchise? Up In The Air? Syriana? Seriously, he's got bupkis compared to Hanks (Big, Private Ryan, Gump, Green Mile, Castaway, Toy Story, Polar Express).

If Clooney is so clearly the more bankable leading man, then surely he'd have a movie in which he was the leading man where he created some sort of legacy for himself.

USUAL SUSPECTS list

Milhouse
RSF
PhDeac
Deacvision
Liquid Karma
Probably BDZ

I'm missing a bunch, who else?

Toogs & Racer

Sounds like we need another pole: All other things being equal, which poster's mere presence on a thread is more likely to drive RJ into an all-day posting frenzy in defense of an indefensible position?

Reactions: Ayo
also, gilbert gottfried was Iago. at the time he was a mildly relevant comedian

also, Buddy Hackett was the seagull in '89's Little Mermaid

Fox & the Hound featured Mickey Rooney (1981)

Angela Lansbury in Beauty/Beast

Lion King really was the start of major actors picking up a majority of roles.

Major musicians have been contributing since the 70s (Roger Miller in Robin Hood)

Last edited:
I made a mistake about Goats.

The reality is if it's not a franchise animation it's more likely that Clooney will do better at this point in time.

There's no sense continuing as no one will change their minds

Especially not the 92% that disagree with you. Usual Suspects.

I just ask that when a Tom Hanks v. George Clooney article comes out, RJ reads it before posting about it.

also, gilbert gottfried was Iago. at the time he was a mildly relevant comedian

also, Buddy Hackett was the seagull in '89's Little Mermaid

Fox & the Hound featured Mickey Rooney (1981)

Angela Lansbury in Beauty/Beast

Lion King really was the start of major actors picking up a majority of roles.

Major musicians have been contributing since the 70s (Roger Miller in Robin Hood)

Yes. Add Whoopi and Cheech to the list as well. But Toy Story had Tom Hanks coming off Forrest Gump and Tim Allen in the middle of Home Improvement. Home Improvement was the #3 show on TV in 1994-95.
http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1994.htm

Good Night and Good Luck? A movie in which Clooney played a supporting role and wasn't nominated for an acting award?

So what is Clooney's iconic movie? The Ocean's Eleven franchise? Up In The Air? Syriana? Seriously, he's got bupkis compared to Hanks (Big, Private Ryan, Gump, Green Mile, Castaway, Toy Story, Polar Express).

If Clooney is so clearly the more bankable leading man, then surely he'd have a movie in which he was the leading man where he created some sort of legacy for himself.

Pretty sure it would be O Brother, Where Art Thou? But Clooney made his name primarily off ER. Hanks got a boost from his role on Bosom Buddies, but nothing like Clooney did.

Good Night and Good Luck? A movie in which Clooney played a supporting role and wasn't nominated for an acting award?

If this is about my post, I deleted it. When I typed it out, it was in the back of my head that Clooney was Murrow. I misremembered and removed the post.

Back