• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People can check on this, but I believe it works out this way (based on the Miami win).

State beats VT, we are the 9 seed and play MD.

VT beats State, we are the 10 seed and play State.

According the the Wash Post article:

* The Wolfpack will be the No. 7 seed with a loss AND a Miami win

Based on this I'm sure VT will win, dook will win (putting UNC in place for the 2/7-10 game).

That is correct.

If VT wins tomorrow...

-Wake plays State in the 7/10 game Thursday at 7.

If State wins tomorrow...

-Wake plays Maryland in the 8/9 game Thursday at 12.

So we might as well start preparing for State. :)

Kinda random; but how crazy is it that a team coming into the last game of the season w/ a chance at the 9-seed in the ACCT (BC) plays a team that could have been the 7-seed with a loss (Miami)... and KenPom has them with a 5% chance of winning the game... (For those that don't follow KenPom; a 5% win probability is something you'd expect to see when Duke plays a Big South team in Cameron).

The bottom 4 this year are just epically bad by any standard; Its entirely possible that four ACC teams finish @ 150 or below in the rankings. Prior to today:

Maryland - 144
GT - 168
WF - 187
BC - 250

To illustrate how bad that is: Since '02-'03 (as far as KP's records go), only three ACC teams had finished outside the top 100:

2003 Clemson (117)
2009 UVA (105)
2011 WF (251)

The way I figure it...

9 seasons x 12 teams - 4 (VT & BC in '02-'03 & '03-'04) =

'02-'03 - '10-'11 = 104 ACC seasons, with 3 teams ranked below 100
'11-'12 = 12 ACC seasons, with 4 teams ranked below 100

So we might be out of this thing by 2:05 pm Thursday afternoon? I'm rooting for VT.

I don't know. I might rather be the first team out than lose to State for a 3rd time, on National TV*.

*If I remember correctly, the ACC's 7/10 game is on ESPN2.

I also think we have a better shot at upsetting Maryland, although we're still likely to lose.

So we might be out of this thing by 2:05 pm Thursday afternoon? I'm rooting for VT.

I don't know. I might rather be the first team out than lose to State for a 3rd time, on National TV*.

*If I remember correctly, the ACC's 7/10 game is on ESPN2.

I also think we have a better shot at upsetting Maryland, although we're still likely to lose.

I'll take the 12 o'clock game regardless of the opponent.

I think we've got about an equal shot @ NCSU & Maryland... but I would like our chances to jump up & bite someone in a noon game w/ absolutely no crowd, etc. more than the 7 o'clock spot.

Last edited:
I'll take the 12 o'clock game regardless of the opponent.

I think we've got about an equal shot @ NCSU & Maryland... but I would like our chances to jump up & bite someone in a noon game w/ absolutely no crowd, etc. more than the 7 o'clock spot.

Agreed. No one's in the arena at noon.

Hmm, on second thought:

ACCT in Atlanta
MD in the first round
Not good

Let's hope for Clemson. :)

Of course for the Bzzouters, they should be hoping for Wake/MD in Atlanta. The last two times this has happened it essentially began the end of the current coaches time at Wake.

If we embarrassed ourselves in Atlanta in those year, I shudder to think what that would mean this year.

I tried to warn everyone but I was told MD was better for us (not that I think we'd have fared better against Clemson at this point).

ACCT has been in Atlanta 6 times.

The last three times we've played MD and gotten embarrassed.

I know we lost there to NC State on a last second shot starting their National Championship run in 1983.

Not sure when the other two years were or if we've ever won an ACCT game in Atlanta.

Back