• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's actually fairly possible we finish 10th. If BC beats GT, and then GT beats us, there would be a 3-way tie at 4-12. We would win the tiebreaker (3-1 aggregate record) and get the 10 seed.

Oh yeah...I wasn't really counting BC being able to win a game which was my b since anything is possible.

She was my wife's favorite professor. Of course my wife is now an AP calculus teacher

Count me in as another Dr. Kirkman hater- Class of '86 Magna Cum Laude Honors graduate here and I was completely lost in her class! :eek:

I also suffered under Kirkman. I think I managed to eke out a B or C. I had two friends drop the class because they were failing, who then got A's with another professor the next semester. Kirkman is a savant when it comes to Calc, but she couldn't explain anything, and made stupid mistakes all the time.

GT BC going down to the wire right now. If BC loses, they lock up last I believe.

54-50 BC with under 3 minutes to play. Now THIS is the kind of moment ESPN3 was made for.

BC hangs on. They won 4 conference games, by a combined 10 points.

Now at the bottom:
9. VT: 4-10
10. WF: 4-11
11. BC: 4-11
12. GT: 3-12

Update on Wake's seeding:
9: Somewhat likely.
10: Very likely.
11: Impossible. Wake cannot be the 11 seed. 0%
12: Extremely unlikely. BC would have to win at Miami (5%) and VT would have to win one or both games (70%). 3.5%

The math on the 9 and 10 seeds are complicated. Gonna need a minute on those. Suffice it to say we're extremely likely to be the 9 or 10 seed.

Last edited:
If we win Saturday, it would take VT winning both games for us not to be 9th.

Pretty incredible that GT could only score 22 against BC in the first half.

BC isn't exactly astute defensively....

So can I post in this thread about Tyler Zeller's TWENTY-THREE free throw attempts tonight vs. Maryland? Good God, man. I mean I know Maryland is relatively weak inside but I have a hard time imagining he earned nearly a quarter of a hundred free throws in a 40-minute game.

Ok I just threw all the scenarios in Excel real quick (trying my best to avoid doing a Finance project). Based on the KenPom win probabilities, here's Wake's probabilities for ACCT seeding...

9 seed: 43.4%
10 seed: 54.1%
11 seed: 0%
12 seed: 2.5%

The most likely individual scenario is that we lose to GT, Miami beats BC, and VT splits (beating State), which checks in at about 26%. We'd be the 10 seed here.

If we beat GT, we are guaranteed at least the 10. If we lose to GT, we can still be the 9, 10, or 12.

Additionally: As long as Miami takes care of business at home against Miami, we are guaranteed at least the 10.

Maryland has almost locked up the 8 seed (over 95%). The 7 seed is an absolute mess that I'm not going to begin trying to predict. Could be UVA, State, Miami, Maryland, or Clemson (in no order).

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it, I will reiterate my original prognostication that we will finish 9th and play UMd at noon on Thursday. I have seen nothing that makes me question that prediction. We shall see.

VT will beat NC State I bet, esp after State's win tonight. Think we wind up #10 and play State in the opener

Remaining schedules
FSU (10-4) - @UVA, Clemson
UVA (8-6) - FSU, @MD
Miami (8-7) - BC
State (8-7)- @VT
Clemson (7-7) - VT, @FSU
MD (6-9)- UVA

Likely finish
3. FSU - 11-5
4. UVA - 10-6
5. State 9-7
6. Miami - 9-7
7. Clemson - 8-8
8. MD - 6-10

Not sure why VT would beat State, unless you are saying State will play their way completely off the bubble.

I think Wake beats GT, VPI splits (beats Clemson and loses to State), and Wake ends up playing Maryland.

ETA: I can't believe BC beat GT...they're both incredibly inconsistent.

It should be more likely that VT beats State at home and loses at Clemson.

VT will beat State because they aren't ranked that far apart and VT is at home.

Back