• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

White fragility in the workplace

That's a great video. Saw it last week but couldn't figure out the best place to post it.

As hard as you might try, you haven't convinced anyone into believing that racism is a subjective political disagreement.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Not probably. Not even close. For starters, we have it in mine. It is allowed.

Are you sure that there isn't ideological diversity in Ph's workplace? We have a handful of republicans in my department, many of whom lean libertarian. You wouldn't know their political orientation from their research interests, however.

Let's ask him. He can chime in if I am wrong.
The ultimate fragility is an ideological embargo.

Doesn't seem like anybody is talking about the OP. I thought it was a good way to present the issue of disrespect in the workplace.

I think the skit is hilarious.

However, if you are using this video to have a serious conversation about respect in the workplace there are probably better avenues. Satire and condescension towards a particular color of skin in the workplace might not be the best launching angle for a discussion about respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure that there isn't ideological diversity in Ph's workplace? We have a handful of republicans in my department, many of whom lean libertarian. You wouldn't know their political orientation from their research interests, however.

Let's ask him. He can chime in if I am wrong.
The ultimate fragility is an ideological embargo.

Survey says?

Doesn't seem like anybody is talking about the OP. I thought it was a good way to present the issue of disrespect in the workplace.

Man, there must be so many he doesn't have time to list them all.

Legal briefs?

Well depending on what area I guess, perhaps political dissent emerges as byproduct of the work. In my business, there is absolutely no need for any political dissent, I don't know the political leanings of anyone I work with nor do i want to. It would be a deterrent to getting the work done, so jhmd's #humblebrag that he has a workplace which allows it doesn't impress me because it depends on the work the people are doing as to its usefulness.

The owner of my company is a Carolina fan so I keep my opinions to my damn self.

not to mention that working in an environment with jhmd going around expressing political dissent sounds like a nightmare for his coworkers. I can imagine a jam in the copier and they all hear a lecture about single parent homes.

not to mention that working in an environment with jhmd going around expressing political dissent sounds like a nightmare for his coworkers. I can imagine a jam in the copier and they all hear a lecture about single parent homes.

Them lawyers already know that. They don't need to learn what JMHD is preaching. That is why he does out reach on this here wake site.

cuz them lawyers is so much smarter than the rest of us with real jobs that produce something

Back