• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

White fragility in the workplace

What does "political dissent" have to do with the OP?

I tried, man, I tried.

It's about how white people disrespect minority colleagues in the workplace by making fun of how white people get offended by black people who stand up for themselves.

Do you have a problem with what was brought up in the video or is this yet another example of you blatantly ignoring the perspectives of minorities?

You have an Advanced degree PH. I find it difficult to believe that you don't understand why it might not be the best idea to start a serious discussion about respect for one another by condescending towards a particular group of people. You got this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not to mention that working in an environment with jhmd going around expressing political dissent sounds like a nightmare for his coworkers. I can imagine a jam in the copier and they all hear a lecture about single parent homes.

Stick with what you know.

You have an Advanced degree PH. I find it difficult to believe that you don't understand why it might not be the best idea to start a serious discussion about respect for one another by condescending towards a particular group of people. You got this.

Perfect example of white fragility

It's about how white people disrespect minority colleagues in the workplace by making fun of how white people get offended by black people who stand up for themselves.

Do you have a problem with what was brought up in the video or is this yet another example of you blatantly ignoring the perspectives of minorities?

Stereotypes of white people poorly handling workplace situations with minorities.

This has to be helpful.

I see people avoiding a discussion, not having one. Nice work.

I see people avoiding a discussion, not having one. Nice work.

Since this is about the workplace, do you see differences between how the Republican professors deal with dissent, versus the Democrats?

Perfect example of white fragility

Missed this before. I agree.

Wrangor could have just googled "white fragility" and linked some articles if the issue was a humorous video.

Guys,

I think what Ph is saying with his comments on this thread, is that it is wrong to exclude voices from the workplace that you don't agree with. I mean, that's just the worst, right? Who would do such a thing?

Guys,

I think what Ph is saying with his comments on this thread, is that it is wrong to exclude voices from the workplace that you don't agree with. I mean, that's just the worst, right? Who would do such a thing?

Excluding voices has nothing to do with what the video addresses. Like not even close.

Missed this before. I agree.

Wrangor could have just googled "white fragility" and linked some articles if the issue was a humorous video.

Pointing out your condescension isn't fragility. It doesn't offend me. It is just who you are on these boards. I'm cool with that. The video isnt meant to spark honest discussion. It was meant to be funny.

And no one wants to discuss anything with you because you don't actually engage. You ask questions intent to entrap and then condescend towards that person. So no, I don't think anyone will engage this topic with you because everyone knows your schtick. We have 30,000 something posts of evidence to verify that you aren't often actually interested in true discourse. I get it. It's cool. Just don't act surprised when people kind of ignore your questions.

But I'll give you my quick opinion. I don't think white fragility is a pressing issue in our culture. I think there are whiny/offended people in every race. Whites certainly don't hold the monopoly on it.

I do think the video is funny in an outrageous/that isn't how life happens kind of way.

Last edited:
Pointing out your condescension isn't fragility. It doesn't offend me. It is just who you are on these boards. I'm cool with that. The video isnt meant to spark honest discussion. It was meant to be funny.

And no one wants to discuss anything with you because you don't actually engage. You ask questions intent to entrap and then condescend towards that person. So no, I don't think anyone will engage this topic with you because everyone knows your schtick. We have 30,000 something posts of evidence to verify that you aren't often actually interested in true discourse. I get it. It's cool. Just don't act surprised when people kind of ignore your questions.

This is a grade three macroaggression.

Back