• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who do you enjoy seeing lose more? Dook or Tarholes?

Who do you enjoy seeing lose more in Duke-UNC rivalry games?

• Total voters
So much this. I always like to see the home crowd get disappointed. Moreso at Duke with their cadre of fucking bouncing dorks in that shithole of an arena. But that's a slight margin. And what Gaudino said above; Duke's had more media cocksucking and people believe Krzyzewski is something more than a hypocritical sack of shit.

20 years ago, I would have never pulled for Carolina against anybody. But for the reason bolded above, I have pulled for UNC to beat Duke for like the last 5 years or so. BTW, I don't think Krzyzewski is borderline pedophile. (hypocritical sack of shit, yes)

I used to love to see Dean Smith lose...especially in the Dean Dome.

I have always loved the pissed-off, puckered Rat face when dook loses.

I love seeing Ol'Roy in melt down mode.

So many positives when either team loses...so I usually like to see the home team lose. Watching tar holes and dookies cry in their own home is one of the best events on college sports.

[/B]

20 years ago, I would have never pulled for Carolina against anybody. But for the reason bolded above, I have pulled for UNC to beat Duke for like the last 5 years or so. BTW, I don't think Krzyzewski is borderline pedophile. (hypocritical sack of shit, yes)

20 and I'll bet 30 and 40 too. I was definitely in that boat. When I was at WF it was Rasheed, Montross, Calabria, Stackhouse, and Phelps. You couldn't hate any team more. Until you saw Duke. Then you felt the conflict.

I root for the NCAA to walk on the court, right before tip off, an declare both teams ineligible. If that doesn't happen, I root for the away team to win so the loser fans go home disappointed.

Oh, and I hope the snowstorm gets everyone stuck in 24 hour highway shut down.

Oh, and I hope Bz decides to learn how to coach, and he goes to this game to observe...... then he gets stuck in the traffic. And I hope his wife is with him...she will be late because I'm going to rail on her for a couple of hours prior (she can't get enough)....And, during the traffic jam, she goes crazy from sitting next to that ass bag, and kills him.

*can we make this scenario one of the poll options?*

Wife and her family are heels. Montross was invited to the wedding. (didn't come thank God).

Will always always always want UNC to lose. Even if somehow Bzz was their coach, it wouldn't be karma enough..

I hate Dook far more, but I'm an out-of-stater.

Would be interesting to see ages along with votes. As Classof82 says, UNC is always my answer even though Duke has become a close second recently. ABCD

I hate Dook far more, but I'm an out-of-stater.

I think this is the dividing line for most. I'm in VA and hate Dick much more. When I was in school in the mid 80s, I didn't hate Dick at all. Always hated UNC more. But things started changing in the 90s. Laettner and Hurley arrived. Then Chrissy and Wojo. Then Dick petitioned the NCAA to have those losses taken off of Coach Relationships' record. Then Deano retired, and I haven't hated Guthridge and Roy like I hated Deano. And the Dickie fans and players have just grown exponentially more Dickish as time has gone on. And now I have some good friends who went to UNC and have disliked almost every person I've met who went to Dick. And I don't have to put up with the UNC bandwagoners down in NC, so they're kinda out of sight out of mind. But most of all, it's Coach Relationships who is evil incarnate.

I would rather see Duke lose to any other team more than I would like to see UNC lose to another team. Yet I would rather UNC lose to Duke. I am ok with that not making any sense.

I agree with always wanting the home team to lose, preferably in some sort of controversial way that makes them feel like they got screwed by the refs.

I think for people under 30, Duke is more hated because of their success during the late-80's through today. But for older generations, UNC will always reign supreme. Of course, there are exceptions to this.

I don't see too many Duke or UNC fans up in Boston, but the ones that I do see primarily tend to be random dudes wearing a UNC basketball jersey.

If you're from North Carolina it's hard to imagine not hating UNC more. The bandwagon is full of morons.

I used to love to see Dean Smith lose...especially in the Dean Dome.

I have always loved the pissed-off, puckered Rat face when dook loses.

I love seeing Ol'Roy in melt down mode.

So many positives when either team loses...so I usually like to see the home team lose. Watching tar holes and dookies cry in their own home is one of the best events on college sports.

This, but if I have to pick, then Duke every day of the week. I grew up hating UNC and I'll despise Roy until the day he retires, but Duke takes the cake. It doesn't hurt that my least favorite ACC player, maybe ever, is sitting right next to the rat.

I agree with always wanting the home team to lose, preferably in some sort of controversial way that makes them feel like they got screwed by the refs.

UNC has never been beaten unless screwed by the refs.

Back