• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who does the NCAA hit harder

It matters zero whether Roy is specifically punished by the NCAA...sanctions will be the end of his career and wipe wins and championships from his record. It's not as if he's going to go coach somewhere else.

but does he give a sh!t about north carolina now?

I was listening to Glenn's show today while getting some lunch. He did state that in the case of the SMU/Syracuse/L'ville issues, there is precedent for how to sanction, but the uniqueness of the type & breadth of UNC's case is a "square peg in a round hole" which is making it difficult to find current rules to fit. He also did acknowledge that UNC will be hit with major sanctions of some sort (first time I've heard that from him), but he kept harping on the fact that Roy Williams personally won't because he's not mentioned specifically in the NOA yadda yadda yadda.

Essentially, Louisville is good old fashioned cheating and UNC is Enron cheating. They just made the numbers up.

why didn't louisville just use coeds like everyone else?

It matters zero whether Roy is specifically punished by the NCAA...sanctions will be the end of his career and wipe wins and championships from his record. It's not as if he's going to go coach somewhere else.

Oh I agree! But your garden variety Walmart fan is infatuated with Roy-Boy (and Dean, for that matter) and they are more concerned that their idols not have their reputations besmirched than the basketball program as a whole.

Glenn also parroted the UNC PR talking point about women's basketball being the most guilty & likely getting the heaviest sanctions. :rolleyes:

Oh I agree! But your garden variety Walmart fan is infatuated with Roy-Boy (and Dean, for that matter) and they are more concerned that their idols not have their reputations besmirched than the basketball program as a whole.

Glenn also parroted the UNC PR talking point about women's basketball being the most guilty & likely getting the heaviest sanctions. :rolleyes:

If it meant keeping the men's hoops program untarnished, they'd throw every other athletic program under the bus, even football.

The NCAA is so pissed at UNC that they are going to put Pembroke on probation.

The NCAA is SO pissed at Carolina, they are going to put USC-Upstate on probation!!!!!

Guys look he changed it from USC-Upstate to Pembroke, im sure you didn't get the joke before because USC-Upstate isn't even in NC, but see Pembroke is. The joke works so much better now, laugh at this original well conceived recreated joke.

So, maybe by this time next year it will be determined that Wake actually won 50-14 last weekend! :thumbsup:

I forgot that sanctions were being considered for UNC it has been so long. I have to think that if something major were going to happen, it would have been done. Louisville is screwed I think. Their wagon is tied to Pitino. Without him, they are just the second fiddle team in Kentucky with little other draw. If this causes them to lose him, they are done.

I forgot that sanctions were being considered for UNC it has been so long. I have to think that if something major were going to happen, it would have been done.

As has been established, the NCAA process hasn't yet played out for UNC. No sanctions have been considered at this stage.

Guys, UNC just received the NOA in May. They had 90 days to respond, which puts it into August. Rather than respond, they kicked the can farther down the road by self-reporting "newly-discovered" violations in men's soccer and something else, I forget what. The fact that they haven't been hit with sanctions yet does not mean they won't be. This just has to play out. I predict they get hammered mightily.

Guys, UNC just received the NOA in May. They had 90 days to respond, which puts it into August. Rather than respond, they kicked the can farther down the road by self-reporting "newly-discovered" violations in men's soccer and something else, I forget what. The fact that they haven't been hit with sanctions yet does not mean they won't be. This just has to play out. I predict they get hammered mightily.

Good point, it seems all of this has been going on for so long and it has, but as you say they only received the NOA in early summer. I think we all are just like kids waiting for Christmas to get here, Christmas being the day they (hopefully) get hammered!

4386548044_d704beb657.jpg

contemporary-wall-clocks.jpg

Agreed. In the article linked earlier, it looked like the NOA response was due August 18th. News article about UNC self-reporting WBB and men's soccer was August 14th. At face value it looks like a play to let UNC play sanction-free in 15-16 when they have a #1 ranked pre-season team. Hmm...

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-self-reports-new-ncaa-violations-delaying-response-to-previous-allegations/14831255/

THIS. The NCAA knows it has to drop the hammer on UNC or they will lose any credibility they have. Patience, young ones, sometimes for good things you have to wait a little.

This just in--Rick Pitino is just "Shocked, shocked" by all these allegations. He cannot believe these went on in the basketball dorms he built specifically for his players. Shocked I say.

Back