• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who else did Ron Wellman hire in the AD?

I respect 81 but fuck him. He's lost it off the goddamned deep end. There's embarrassment of fellow Deac fans alright. I do not doubt for a millisecond that 81 loves Wake but he's lost perspective of people hired as employees for Wake who've taken us off track.

This Casstevens thread and comments like 81's have made me so ill feeling that I just don't even want to read this board, read WF news, or give a shit anymore. Yup- the terrorists win, as people love to hyperbolize. We've let a guy who never spent a second in a classroom at Wake- a bunch of guys actually- take the thing we call Mother So Dear- OUR alma mater- into the fucking toilet and we'd rather take shots at each other than recognize that these people are invested in Wake only as far as their paycheck goes. We'd rather shit on fellow alumni- people we goddamned well know live and die for Wake; people we've tailgated and shared drinks and good times with; for the sake of these non-performing dipshits. Good job, 81. Good fucking job.

I'm opening a bottle of John Powers and saying "fuck it."

Good post. I don't why you respect 81 though. He seems like a major shit head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

If you're only getting a $75,000 fine, you didn't really do much wrong

If you're only getting a $75,000 fine, you didn't really do much wrong

Consider the timing...this was pre-collapse. You may be comparing to the laws and fines that are now the norm.

not only that, but you might have done something really wrong but had a good lawyer.

moreover, when you keep extolling your virtuous "culture" you shouldn't hire anyone (and put them in charge of OUR $) who has done something even a little bit wrong.

Why would Wellman bring in a guy who cooked the books for him and his boys to make bank if not so he and the big donors could benefit it some way?

I respect 81 but fuck him. He's lost it off the goddamned deep end. There's embarrassment of fellow Deac fans alright. I do not doubt for a millisecond that 81 loves Wake but he's lost perspective of people hired as employees for Wake who've taken us off track.

This Casstevens thread and comments like 81's have made me so ill feeling that I just don't even want to read this board, read WF news, or give a shit anymore. Yup- the terrorists win, as people love to hyperbolize. We've let a guy who never spent a second in a classroom at Wake- a bunch of guys actually- take the thing we call Mother So Dear- OUR alma mater- into the fucking toilet and we'd rather take shots at each other than recognize that these people are invested in Wake only as far as their paycheck goes. We'd rather shit on fellow alumni- people we goddamned well know live and die for Wake; people we've tailgated and shared drinks and good times with; for the sake of these non-performing dipshits. Good job, 81. Good fucking job.

I'm opening a bottle of John Powers and saying "fuck it."

A while lot of bathroom metaphors in this post. I think you know what time it is.

#toilets!

I wonder if this hire could possibly be why we now see the the Dunkin Donuts logo on the chairs in the Joel rather than Krispy Kreme?

I wonder if this hire could possibly be why we now see the the Dunkin Donuts logo on the chairs in the Joel rather than Krispy Kreme?

That happened two seasons ago, didn't it? Or has it only been one?

So, who can get a paper to write up this story?

That's the longest headline ever.

It shouldn't be hard to find out if this guy's a big donor, right? Wouldn't his name be in some publication, like an annual report or some other terminology, that lists donors by category?

That's one of the worst headlines I've ever seen.

That's one of the worst headlines I've ever seen.

Matches the hire.

It would be incredible if this brought wellman down. It won't since integrity no longer seems to matter in leadership positions at wake. Pro humanitate? Not when you can make a buck by any means available.

Back