• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who else hates DOOK??

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Both WFU and UNC have a chance to rain on Dook's parade to Charlotte. We hate Dook. UNC hates Dook. The games are at BB&T and Kenan . This is WFU's Super Bowl- a chance to send seniors out with a win , keep bowl chances alive, pay back Dook for last year and salvage something out of the season. The players and fans should be charged up . The week off has given us a chance to rest , heal and get ready. If Price can play like he is capable and a coule of receivers step up( Lewis and Ragland ) , our defense can keep us in this game. We beat State worse than Dook ( outside of the last 2 minutes) and Dook got Miami at home . We can't let the Dookies get a win on our field . I think we are going to open up a can on them.

Lol. Prepare for disappointment dude. We aren't good.

Truth? I hate Duke, but I'm mostly jealous of them, esp this season. They are where we should be , if our coach, AD, and president gave a rats ass.

This team lacks the fire to win late in the season.

Look no further than that. It doesn't matter how well we prepare for them this week. We will come out flat and they will get an early lead and then we will collapse. Last season, State-ND-Vandy. We just needed to win 1. We were blown out in all 3 by halftime. The coaches cant/don't know how to fire this team up, they never have really. We used to be able to under the lead of the Fresh Deacs, but those days are long gone. Barring something completely out of left field, this season is done and has been done since the start of the 'cuse game.

Duke isn't ND, Last year's NC State, or ND. Our team comes out with pride and wins. Book it. On top of that, check Grobe's in-state record. Just like the weak start to the season and then NCSU, i feel good about this one. Give me the points at home and we go 3-0 ATS at home.

Dook got Miami at home without Duke Johnson. We should have and could have beat them in Miami with Duke Johnson.

I think this game will be close, but I doubt we win. The dook coaches have that team fired up. Wake coaches seem desperate and lack enthusiasm. We have no leader on or off the field with Camp out.

UNC takes all my hatred in college sports, and always will. If the Dookies can win in basketball and football, it shows that this culture talk is pure bullshit. They have better coaches and the desire to win despite higher academic standards then the vast majority of their opponents. I'm so tired of what has become of Wake's sports programs that seeing duke climb up from the bottom of the barrel in football proves that it can be done, if the right people with the right vision are in place. Good for duke, I hope they kick the shit out of UNC. If we beat them it continues the course we are on, to historically LOWF. I'm 52 years old and started pulling for the Deacs when I was 13 growing up in Winston-Salem. Never have I felt so hopeless and frustrated with the state of Wake's football and basketball programs. I can accept losing, being Wake fans we all know how to cope with that, what I can't stomach is the acceptance of it by the AD and his coaches. In my opinion Wake needs a whole new culture from the one we have now, where failure is acceptable as long as you are doing things the right way. If you are failing then you aren't doing it right way, I don't have a WF degree and I can figure that out. This is my Wake Forest definition of insanity: I keep caring, expecting a stubborn and obstinate mindset to change, and we are relevant again. Historically competitive my ass...

Last edited:
This is our house and senior day no less.

Much like we were pleasantly surprised by our home performances over Cow College and that new Big 10 team, fully expect a similar showing on saturday.

12-1 Grobe's record to be over Dook!

I admire Cutcliffe. He has done a tremendous job at Duke. I wish we had a coach who still had that vision and fire is his belly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

UNC takes all my hatred in college sports, and always will. If the Dookies can win in basketball and football, it shows that this culture talk is pure bullshit. They have better coaches and the desire to win despite higher academic standards then the vast majority of their opponents. I'm so tired of what has become of Wake's sports programs that seeing Duke climb up from the bottom of the barrel in football proves that it can be done, if the right people with the right vision are in place. Good for Duke, I hope they kick the shit out of UNC. If we beat them it continues the course we are on, to historically LOWF. I'm 52 years old and started pulling for the Deacs when I was 13 growing up in Winston-Salem. Never have I felt so hopeless and frustrated with the state of Wake's football and basketball programs. I can accept losing, being Wake fans we all know how to cope with that, what I can't stomach is the acceptance of it by the AD and his coaches. In my opinion Wake needs a whole new culture from the one we have now, where failure is acceptable as long as you are doing things the right way. If you are failing then you aren't doing it right way, I don't have a WF degree and I can figure that out. This is my Wake Forest definition of insanity: I keep caring, expecting a stubborn and obstinate mindset to change, and we are relevant again. Historically competitive my ass...
If Carolina was playing the Iranians, I would cheer for the Iranians. My hatred is to the marrow. I'll say GO DEACS, then the next week, GO DEVILS

Look at Duke's schedule. They have beaten 2 teams with winning records- Miami at home and on the road at VT( which lost st home to Maryland yesterday) . They were lucky to beat NCSU at home. Don't forget that we beat the dookies 11 straight times and they patterned their program rebuilding efforts after WFU. We lead dook. 42-0 at halftime in Durham a few years ago and Grobe took his foot off the gas. Fuck Duke .

I grew up hating UNC and Dean Smith. When Coach K began coaching at dook, all of my hate transferred to Durham. I don't have any hate left for UNC.

Look at Duke's schedule. They have beaten 2 teams with winning records- Miami at home and on the road at VT( which lost st home to Maryland yesterday) . They were lucky to beat NCSU at home. Don't forget that we beat the dookies 11 straight times and they patterned their program rebuilding efforts after WFU. We lead dook. 42-0 at halftime in Durham a few years ago and Grobe took his foot off the gas. Fuck Duke .

Pretty much everything you just said is irrelevant. We beat Duke 11 straight times (often by the skin of our teeth) until last year. They've gotten better, we have not. Duke has not beaten many winning teams, but we are not a winning team anyway. And there's no way Duke patterned their team after us. Maybe they saw our success and decided to step up their program, but we are in no a way an inspiration to them. Without Camp we will not score a TD. And that's not an excuse...it is decidedly pathetic that we can score a touchdown because we are missing one player--I don't care how good he is.

Also, while Duke is not making excuses they also have like 20 times the All ACC Academic players than we do.

Both WFU and UNC have a chance to rain on Dook's parade to Charlotte. We hate Dook. UNC hates Dook. The games are at BB&T and Kenan . This is WFU's Super Bowl- a chance to send seniors out with a win , keep bowl chances alive, pay back Dook for last year and salvage something out of the season. The players and fans should be charged up . The week off has given us a chance to rest , heal and get ready. If Price can play like he is capable and a coule of receivers step up( Lewis and Ragland ) , our defense can keep us in this game. We beat State worse than Dook ( outside of the last 2 minutes) and Dook got Miami at home . We can't let the Dookies get a win on our field . I think we are going to open up a can on them.

If this is true then we should just stop playing football. Yuck.

Duke has twenty times more academic all conference guys because WFU has grade deflation and Duke has grade inflation. US News ranked WFU undergrad the 10th most rigorous in the nation. When I attended WFU, the requirement for deans list and cum laude was 3.0 and not many students qualified for either. WFU law was easier than undergrad.

Comparisons between this Duke team and past versions mean nothing. This team is universes better

I really can't get up for hating on Duke. I've lived in NC over 50 years, but I'd be hard-pressed to name a half-dozen Duke fans I know personally, plus the media doesn't obsess over them near to the degree of the Holes. This Duke football thing is a "feel-good" story, but it will fade over time. OTOH, the Hole obsession in this state will remain a constant. Maybe if i lived in Jerey or somewhere other than "The Tarheel State" I'd feel different.

Back