• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Is In Charge Of Recruiting Until We Make A Hire

ACCOffice

Reaction score
Missed it if it was mentioned. Someone has to maintain some contact to let verbals know what is happening.

Missed it if it was mentioned. Someone has to maintain some contact to let verbals know what is happening.

Wellman may have appointed Joey D and Dillon Fence to handle that task.

So basically all of our other coaches have been put on hold?

Just trying to figure this whole thing out.

So basically all of our other coaches have been put on hold?

Just trying to figure this whole thing out.

All of our FB assistants are free to find other work (they will be paid or receive termination pay consistent with their contract). They have the option to wait and see if the new coach wants them on the new WF staff, but I doubt any of them are counting on that.

I'm sure we have plenty of assistants in the athletic department making phone calls while we're filling our vacancy

On another note, do you all think anyone will still be here next year?

I'd like to see the new coach keep Ray Mac. Some continuity between the two regimes makes sense and Mac has the best pulse on recruiting of anyone else on the Staff.

and on yet another note, do you see any of our players transferring?

I'd like to see us keep Tyler Cameron. QB is the most important position on the field and I think he has the tools to be a good one, particularly if the new coach runs any sort of spread offense.

Here's a thought.

Our true frosh who played could transfer without losing a year of eligibility. In that respect, we face more risk losing freshmen than we typical would.

Here's a thought.

Our true frosh who played could transfer without losing a year of eligibility. In that respect, we face more risk losing freshmen than we typical would.

Really? True freshmen whose shirts were burned can transfer without sitting out - or do you mean that they have to sit out but do so with three remaining years of eligibility?

Back