• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Is In Charge Of Recruiting Until We Make A Hire

All transfers who haven't graduated have to sit out a year. If they didn't redshirt, that year can be their redshirt year. They can transfer without losing a year of eligibility. Remember when DeGeare sat out a year? He didn't redshirt so he was able to come back as a senior.

Basically our 2013 class has less if a drawback to graduating than the most recent class usually would.

I'm curious if players will leave for Charlotte or where our staff ends up. I'm not really wed to any younger players so I have no problem if the new coach has 25 scholarships for the 2015 class.

Last edited:
All transfers who haven't graduated have to sit out a year. If they didn't redshirt, that year can be their redshirt year. They can transfer without losing a year of eligibility. Remember when DeGeare sat out a year? He didn't redshirt so he was able to come back as a senior.

Basically our 2013 class has less if a drawback to graduating than the most recent class usually would.

I'm curious if players will leave for Charlotte or where our staff ends up. I'm not really wed to any younger players so I have no problem if the new coach has 25 scholarships for the 2015 class.

i think janvion, tyree, and crump will all be decent.

Oh, that's right. Thanks.

I meant "drawback to transferring" by the way.

No problem, siff. Lots of twists to this.

I found it interesting that Faircloth played four years at Wake under a coach who was fired shortly thereafter.

An assistant or GA that wants to look good for a new coaching staff should stick around and maintain contact with recruits, even if he's not being paid. I'm sure the Ath Dept has someone who can handle that as well (if they are allowed contact).

I feel like it's pretty typical for an assistant or two to stick around to maintain relationships. I imagine we're paying them at least through the end of the calendar year.

Ouch.the struggle is real.

Back