• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is the foremost figure in Human Rights?

"dead"...really?

I'll echo Napoleon Bonaparte, a man assured of his own destiny and one of the great time-synchronous beings on the order of Alexander the Great. Napoleon said, "I have met every manner of man but none close to this Jesus Christ."

Read history and tell me again just how many charlatans make it 50 or even one hundred years...even the great Rasputin is slowly but surely being forgotten. History will regard a phony for a brief period and then off to the dustbin he goes. No figure from human existence has come remotely close to the time-enduring impact made by "this Jesus Christ."

That is not mere opinion. It is historical fact.

He transcended nomenclature and organizational allegiance and innumerable other avatars have sought his teaching presence...the great Sri Rami Krishna recounted meditating on Christ for years in his garden till one day, in the Saint's words, "I came face to face with the Messiah".

"dead, eh?"

:laugh:

Every one of your posts come off as you going over the top to sound intelligent. It is an interesting phenomenon.

Yes, he is dead. Ghandi wins.

:laugh:

Every one of your posts come off as you going over the top to sound intelligent. It is an interesting phenomenon.

Yes, he is dead. Ghandi wins.

Well, at least I don't go over the top to sound ignorant...

Well, at least I don't go over the top to sound ignorant...

It is my opinion and it just so happens that others would agree with me. I have a different opinion about jesus than you do. How is that ignorant?

I suppose it is "ignorant" in the sense that you do not understand that if there had never been a Jesus Christ then there would never have been a Gandhi.

Do you know anything about Gandhi and the root of non-violent demonstration? Not meaning to "go over the top" but Gandhi came to his understanding through the tremendous inspiration of Leo Tolstoy. Tolstoy wrote a very challenging book (to christians!) "The Kingdom of Heaven" and also a missive "an open letter to a Hindu" which were life-changing events for Gandhi. Tolstoy is in a long line of "translators of Christ" and his line includes Gandhi and Martin King.

I suppose it is "ignorant" in the sense that you do not understand that if there had never been a Jesus Christ then there would never have been a Gandhi.

Do you know anything about Gandhi and the root of non-violent demonstration? Not meaning to "go over the top" but Gandhi came to his understanding through the tremendous inspiration of Leo Tolstoy. Tolstoy wrote a very challenging book (to christians!) "The Kingdom of Heaven" and also a missive "an open letter to a Hindu" which were life-changing events for Gandhi. Tolstoy is in a long line of "translators of Christ" and his line includes Gandhi and Martin King.

I understand what you are saying, but if it wasn't jesus, it would have been someone else. This line of reasoning applies to almost everyone. For example, MLK based some of his non-violent beliefs on Ghandi.

Obligatory M Gandhi quote: “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

I understand what you are saying, but if it wasn't jesus, it would have been someone else. This line of reasoning applies to almost everyone. For example, MLK based some of his non-violent beliefs on Ghandi.

No, no it would not. Try reading again and furthermore go research Gandhi's life so that you can understand.

Ok, Mr. Opinion. Thanks for stopping by.

Absolutely...and I did not mind sharing with you Gandhi's own opinion of the incredible influence the "dead" Jesus Christ had on his own life.

I'm sorry that facts hurt your feelings....

Absolutely...and I did not mind sharing with you Gandhi's own opinion of the incredible influence the "dead" Jesus Christ had on his own life.

I'm sorry that facts hurt your feelings....

I'm not denying that jesus had an impact on Gandhi. The prophets and teachings of Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism also shaped his life.

Without jesus, Gandhi would still have been a great leader in human rights. You act like jesus was his sole influence. Sorry, but he wasn't even the greatest.

I'm not denying that jesus had an impact on Gandhi. The prophets and teachings of Islam, Judaism, and Hinduism also shaped his life.

Without jesus, Gandhi would still have been a great leader in human rights. You act like jesus was his sole influence. Sorry, but he wasn't even the greatest.

You are just babbling now...you got hung up talking about something you don't know much about and instead of stopping you just decided to keep digging. The Pacifist non-violent movement springs from the Sermon on the Mount...an amazing speech in any age but truly mind-boggling for a "dead" man from over 2000 years past.

Again, it was Leo Tolstoy's inspirational work on the Sermon that led Gandhi to the mountain top, as it were. Prior to this Gandhi had been a rather bored barrister...he then found Quakerism and was on his way to a life of quietism until he came across Tolstoy's exposition of Jesus Christ.

* No major avatar of any religion, outside of Christ, has ever advised to "turn the other cheek." Certainly no other human being ever spoke of the equality of all human beings in the terms and in the age that Christ did so.

You are just babbling now...you got hung up talking about something you don't know much about and instead of stopping you just decided to keep digging. The Pacifist non-violent movement springs from the Sermon on the Mount...an amazing speech in any age but truly mind-boggling for a "dead" man from over 2000 years past.

Again, it was Leo Tolstoy's inspirational work on the Sermon that led Gandhi to the mountain top, as it were. Prior to this Gandhi had been a rather bored barrister...he then found Quakerism and was on his way to a life of quietism until he came across Tolstoy's exposition of Jesus Christ.

* No major avatar of any religion, outside of Christ, has ever advised to "turn the other cheek." Certainly no other human being ever spoke of the equality of all human beings in the terms and in the age that Christ did so.

You're effort to place all the credit for Gandhi's interest in the pacifist non-violent movement on christianity and Tolstoy's brilliant work on the sermon on the mount is admirable.

The tenants of pacifism are already in place within the Hinduism and Buddhism. Look up ahimsa and get back to me.

Ghandi became religious almost 20 years before he worked with Tolstoy. By all means though, continue showing your bias towards christianity.

You're effort to place all the credit for Gandhi's interest in the pacifist non-violent movement on christianity and Tolstoy's brilliant work on the sermon on the mount is admirable.

The tenants of pacifism are already in place within the Hinduism and Buddhism. Look up ahimsa and get back to me.

Ghandi became religious almost 20 years before he worked with Tolstoy. By all means though, continue showing your bias towards christianity.

You seem incapable of reading...I said nothing of christianity.

Mahatma called Jesus "the prince of the Satyagrahists".

More likely, it appears that you confuse Jesus Chris with what has become small "c" christianity. At one time in his life Gandhi would write passages such as this "the white South Africans are clearly the superior race." After his own jailing and contemplation of the Sermon many older beliefs Mahatma previously held fell like scales from his eyes. Gandhi said that Jesus was "the perfect embodiment of a man."

Influencing Gandhi, many there were.

images

You seem incapable of reading...I said nothing of christianity.

Mahatma called Jesus "the prince of the Satyagrahists".

More likely, it appears that you confuse Jesus Chris with what has become small "c" christianity. At one time in his life Gandhi would write passages such as this "the white South Africans are clearly the superior race." After his own jailing and contemplation of the Sermon many older beliefs Mahatma previously held fell like scales from his eyes. Gandhi said that Jesus was "the perfect embodiment of a man."

Oh, lectro

Back