• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who remembers when I created a Wake forum after I was banned?

The world's weirdest thing about Brett turning into the fun police is that he wasn't like that at all in college. He was a walk-on my junior and senior years. He lived with Steve Lepore and Josh Howard and was kind of fun at the time. I always thought that he used the fact that he lived there to his advantage in luring girls back to the place. In fact, he was having a little affair with a football players' girlfriend who I was good friends with, so I was there a decent amount hanging out between the three of them. They had a lot of beer pong tournaments, small house parties, etc. He was def not fun police then.

It seems like the AD just got to him or something. He may as well be a totally different person. I haven't been to a game in a while, but I was always shocked to see him confiscating signs, etc. bc he was a funny guy who played for Skip and you would think he would have appreciated the gameday atmosphere. He and Josh could not have gone into more different directions.

Details of my ban...

• I had heard from my inside source at FSU that Jimbo Fisher was going to be announced the Offensive Coordinator at FSU the following day.
  • turf found a link on scout.com (FSU's s scout site, to be exact) saying that FSU tried to get Jimbo but the deal had fallen through. He then proceeded to post in the thread saying I was full of it.
  • He then locked the thread when Jimbo was announced before I could reply.
  • I started a new thread calling turf out.
  • I was perma-banned and after talking to Naz and cagles, I was granted permission to post again but was told to create a non-FSU username.

I cannot reconcile this type of mod behavior while they continue to allow DoucheUnit to post.

The world's weirdest thing about Brett turning into the fun police is that he wasn't like that at all in college. He was a walk-on my junior and senior years. He lived with Steve Lepore and Josh Howard and was kind of fun at the time. I always thought that he used the fact that he lived there to his advantage in luring girls back to the place. In fact, he was having a little affair with a football players' girlfriend who I was good friends with, so I was there a decent amount hanging out between the three of them. They had a lot of beer pong tournaments, small house parties, etc. He was def not fun police then.

It seems like the AD just got to him or something. He may as well be a totally different person. I haven't been to a game in a while, but I was always shocked to see him confiscating signs, etc. bc he was a funny guy who played for Skip and you would think he would have appreciated the gameday atmosphere. He and Josh could not have gone into more different directions.

I think you are muddling two different things; how someone acts while at work and while not at work.
I know Brett socially (my wife and his fiancee are friends), and can say that the description of him in the first paragraph is still generally accurate (minus the hooking up).
He is required by his job to be the "fun police". Can he be an ass while doing his job? Sure. He has said it himself that he should be less of an ass while handling situations. I have never had an interactions with him at games since I don't have questionable signs or behavior, so I can't speak firsthand on how he handles stuff on-the-job.

I think you are muddling two different things; how someone acts while at work and while not at work.
I know Brett socially (my wife and his fiancee are friends), and can say that the description of him in the first paragraph is still generally accurate (minus the hooking up).
He is required by his job to be the "fun police". Can he be an ass while doing his job? Sure. He has said it himself that he should be less of an ass while handling situations. I have never had an interactions with him at games since I don't have questionable signs or behavior, so I can't speak firsthand on how he handles stuff on-the-job.

I a sure his personality has not changed that much. I just find it odd that he is obviously encouraged by the AD to be kind of a douche, when I never thought he was one. He should get what it was like to be in college and want to have fun. I guess that's why I find it surprising. I always liked Brett, so I wasn't trying to be offensive, just sort of surprised when I would be at games and saw him getting mad at kids who were basically the same as us a couple years before.

I feel for this guy Brett. Given how few students are showing up for games he doesn't get as many chances to throw his weight around. Poor guy. Perhaps it's not just the wins/losses that are impacting student attendance- it could be a heavy handed AD fun police.

It's his damn job. If I worked for the AD, I would do what they asked me to do so I could keep getting a paycheck.

Back