• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start next week?

Who should be Wake's Starting QB vs Indiana

• Wolford

Votes: 114 63.7%
  • Hinton

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Kearns

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
Honestly with the offensive line in the shape that it is Hinton's legs are a huge asset to the team.

Wolford has good legs as well. Both should be rolled out of the pocket especially since they're both short.

The other issue with pass protection comes with the young running backs missing blocking assignments.

Agreed. "Wolford only if 100%" should have been an option in the poll.

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

Honestly with the offensive line in the shape that it is Hinton's legs are a huge asset to the team.

Did anyone else notice that on Hinton's first int, Army was only rushing 3 and they still hit him as he was throwing? That int was on the o-line not Hinton.

I don't think Kearns would play no matter what. I think they would put in a 4th string before burning his red shirt. He will be the QB of the future, assuming we develop a decent O-line.

Did anyone else notice that on Hinton's first int, Army was only rushing 3 and they still hit him as he was throwing? That int was on the o-line not Hinton.

I would say it was really more on the RB that stepped in to double team the rusher, got in the way of the tackle, and then didn't come close to making an effective block. Our RBs have been pretty poor in blocking this season.

I would say it was really more on the RB that stepped in to double team the rusher, got in the way of the tackle, and then didn't come close to making an effective block. Our RBs have been pretty poor in blocking this season.

Hinton should've had time to eat a sandwich with Army only rushing 3. You're right our rb's certainly don't help our o line issues in pass pro.

Hinton also threw what should've been a 3rd INT on our last drive. I like his scrambling ability and arm strength, and agree we likely don't win this game without the spark / downfield completions he delivered in the second half, but let's pump the brakes a bit. If Wolford is healthy and available, he should start.

We play much tougher d's the rest of the way. Outside of Elon Army was the worst we get all year. I just think he might get broken against the ND's, Clemson's, and FSU's.

Wolford should start but we should have some Hinton packages in every game from now on. He is a real weapon running.

Haha, not against FSU. That was Army folks. Hinton had two picks mad probably should have had more.

Our running backs are atrocious at blocking. I think that's probably a reason Robinson hasn't gotten more carries. He has to do better at picking up blitzes out of the backfield.

If Wolford is 100%, he should get the nod. I do really like what we've seen from Hinton so far and I think there's a really good chance that he's going to start next year, but he still needs a little more work. I think Hinton is the quarterback for this team when we make the jump from being awful to being not so awful, but I don't want to see him get murdered now when he can turn into a three year starter.

We play much tougher d's the rest of the way. Outside of Elon Army was the worst we get all year. I just think he might get broken against the ND's, Clemson's, and FSU's.

Could apply to either "he" in this case.

There should be zero debate IF Wolford is healthy, but Hinton has showed us that he is more than capable if thrown into the game

My expectations for this year are centered around development for the years ahead, and I think giving both QBs meaningful reps (when appropriate) is something the staff should strive to do. I don't think it should be a full-blown QB controversy though, as that can poison the well for pretty much any team.

Back