• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

who wants to meet Bzzzzz? Deacon Club Spring Tour

Rolfe

Daylight in the swamp
Reaction score
I ignored this email when I got it a few weeks ago, but just searched for it and put the DC event on my calendar. I'd like to be able to judge for myself how our fearless leader comes across in person, and in a setting like this.

"The 2012 Deacon Club Spring Tour will be coming to the following locations*:

Los Angeles, CA- Saturday, April 21- Lucky Strike in downtown LA (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Raleigh, NC- Wednesday, April 25 - The Capital City Club (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Charlotte, NC- Thursday, April 26 - The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art (Special guest: Coach Jeff [Redacted])
Washington, DC- Monday, April 30 - Capitol Hill Club (Special guest: Coach Jeff [Redacted])
Statesville, NC- Tuesday, May 8 - The home of Costi & Teresa Kutteh (Special guest: Asst. Coach Rusty LaRue)
Wilmington, NC- Thursday, May 10 - Country Club of Landfall (Special guest: TBD)
Richmond, VA - Thursday, May 10 - The Bull and Bear Club (Special guest: Asst. Coach Walt Corbean)
New York, NY - Thursday, May 17 - Harvard Club of NYC (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Chicago, IL - Thursday, May 24 - Mid-America Club (Special guests: Dr. Hatch and Coach Jim Grobe)
Greensboro, NC - Wednesday, May 30 - TBD (Special guest: Coach Jim Grobe)
Atlanta, GA - Thursday, May 31 - TBD (Special guest: Coach Jim Grobe)

*Scheduled guests subject to change"

Chill at the Apple, that's what's up.

I hate Jeff's voice, regardless of his coaching ability. I'd have to say I don't want to meet him in person lol.

Now a zero chance I'll attend in Charlotte. I don't know what Charlotte and D.C. did to end up with short end of the stick.

Can't imagine why they didn't send Bzzz to the City of Angels to get our west coasters hyped up.

Poor Randolph. I mean, it's great for those who get to hear him, but he does not deserve to get peppered with questions re: [Redacted].

I plan on going in Charlotte to hopefully hear people rip into Bzz. The big wigs that were there were pretty pissed last year when he bailed at the last minute (Rusty was great though). I can't imagine how angry they'll be this year.

That email came out a week or two ago, there is a ZIPPY percent chance Bzzz makes either of those appearances.

That email came out a week or two ago, there is a ZIPPY percent chance Bzzz makes either of those appearances.

Agreed. There's no way they put him in front of a bunch of donors and alumni right now.

Agreed. There's no way they put him in front of a bunch of donors and alumni right now.

I don't know the attendance might rival our actual basketball attendance...

I'll have to refrain from attending a [Redacted] event because otherwise I'll get jail time for socking him in the face.

Which makes Bzdick a chickenshite dickhead. The man makes $1mil per, blames everyone else for the state of his program and is too scared to meet with alums. Shows zero character.

Want to go for entertainment value alone? I'll bring the popcorn.

Want to go for entertainment value alone? I'll bring the popcorn.

I'd be tempted to go if I thought Bzzboy was actually going to show up. But based on his no-show last year, there's no way he shows this time.

I don't recall: did he or the SID ever publicly address his non-appearances?

Bz can't go to those functions...everybody know he is busy on the recruiting trail putting together a 12 man class

How soon before the event occurred was it announced that [Redacted] wouldn't be there?

"Nobody meets the Bzzz. Nobody meets the Bzzz."

Back