• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

who wants to meet Bzzzzz? Deacon Club Spring Tour

Because the mayor is a big donor and former head of the board for the Deacon Club? Only reason I can think of.

He's also a former Deacon mascot...before the current costume and back when it was the top hat and tails. Early 70's I'd say.

They're not going to 'hide' Bzzz - if that was the strategy, they never would have included him as a speaker in the first place. I'm sure the DC/AD leadership mindset is that the lunatic fringe on the internets can be ignored, and for the rational part of the fanbase (i.e. the people who actually give $$) if they just have a chance to meet Bzzz they'll see he's not the walking corpse he's made out to be. And boy are they wrong.

Flip side of that is that they might have "scheduled" him to then at a later date say he had to cancel because of an "important recruiting trip." That way they can say some nonsense like, "Coach is out there right now getting the players we need to turn this thing around. blah blah fucking blah."

[Redacted] will really just be at his beach house.

If they really wanted to make money you could pay $1000 and punch him in the nuts. It'd raise revenue and reverse the curse of the nut punch. Or set up a dunk booth but instead of water have sulfuric acid.

Some people say lunatic fringe, I say hardcore fans. The people who aren't on the boards just flat out don't care about Wake basketball right now.

lots of people on the boards don't care either. that's why bzzzz needs to go.

I'll be at the Atlanta, GA stop, during a business trip, if anyone wants to meet.

They're not going to 'hide' Bzzz - if that was the strategy, they never would have included him as a speaker in the first place. I'm sure the DC/AD leadership mindset is that the lunatic fringe on the internets can be ignored, and for the rational part of the fanbase (i.e. the people who actually give $$) if they just have a chance to meet Bzzz they'll see he's not the walking corpse he's made out to be. And boy are they wrong.

Except that's exactly what happened last year. They schedule these things ahead of time. If we had finished out the season strong and hadn't lost 4 more players, he would likely be there. Considering the way the season ended and how it's only gotten worse, they'll find an excuse to bring someone else.

I really don't think the DC leadership could possibly buy into the same crap that Wellman does. They see exactly what's going on with regards to the most loyal fans and talk to unhappy donors daily.

Besides, you've gotta put Bzz on the schedule somewhere, even if you never intend for him to show...otherwise, it looks for sure like you're trying to hide him.

Last edited:
What are these things like to attend? I've never been to one but would be interested in going this year. Any details?

This was scheduled well before everyone announced they were transferring. I think Bzz would have made the appearances before all the transfers, as people were unhappy with the program but for the most part were willing to give him next year (or were resigned to the fact that he'd get next year).

The email was sent six days ago and said that details would follow. They have not sent a follow up with details since 8 PM last night.

Back