• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who was your favorite player to transfer out of Wake

Favorite Demon Deacon to transfer

• Kevin Swinton

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Anthony Gurley

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Shamaine Dukes

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • JT Terrell

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Ari Stewart

• Tony Woods

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Jamie Skeen

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • Loren Woods

• Other

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
We haven't had an "oh shit" transfer announcement for a while. JTT, Loren Woods, and Skeen were probably the best players to transfer in recent memory but none of those were a surprise.

I fear that this year will be the first year in a long time that we have somebody transfer who is good and isn't in any trouble. There's a big logjam at the 3/4 spot, particularly if Green gets some minutes at the 5 with DT at the 4.

Richard (to you, sir) did not transfer. He decided to forego his senior season to graduate early.

And didn't AW Hamilton get into some type if trouble after he left? Could be making that up.

I knew he graduated early, but for some reason I thought he used that loophole to play his senior year at Charlotte. Guess I was wrong.

AW coaches at Hargrave now. Finished his career at Marshall.

I still think it's funny that Dave Odom's last recruiting class (technically) that he left for Skip was AW and Douchemal (did IrishSlim come up with that one back in the day?).

We haven't had an "oh shit" transfer announcement for a while. JTT, Loren Woods, and Skeen were probably the best players to transfer in recent memory but none of those were a surprise.

I didn't like seeing Carson go. Thought he could've developed into a decent player.

Agree on Carson. He was a surprise b/c he would have gotten plenty of playing time this year. I obviously would have preferred him over Cav this year. After watching his soft play for 2 years, though, decent did appear to be his ceiling.

Kenny went pro early, he didn't transfer. And yes,he was a 1st round pick who will forever be haunted as the answer to the trivia question "who was drafted immediately before Karl Malone?"

I'll go with Jeremy Ingram because we could have really used him during what would have been his last year of eligibility. But none of the guys on that list really haunt me for leaving. JTT would have been nice to have this year, but eh.

Kenny went pro early, he didn't transfer. And yes,he was a 1st round pick who will forever be haunted as the answer to the trivia question "who was drafted immediately before Karl Malone?"

OK - thanks. But, there was some 'dust-up' with Coach Tacy ( after a game vs S. Fla in St. Pete?) and didn't he leave un-expected?

I remember being floored when Arinze transferred. He was on his way to a very good career at Wake.

What was the story with that?

I remember being floored when Arinze transferred. He was on his way to a very good career at Wake.

What was the story with that?

Found this little blurb from an old Duke Basketball Report article:

Josh Howard (6-6/191) has had a busy past 10 months. In addition to averaging 9.3 points and 4.7 rebounds per game last year en route to becoming one of the league's top freshmen Howard also had the additional burden of helping to drive Niki Arinze off campus. Howard's role in Arinze's departure was figurative, not literal but Arinze, who had to face Howard every day in practice, was bright enough to read the writing on the wall. Arinze was a 6-5 forward who showed potential in his first two years despite battling constant injury. But with the arrival of Howard, Arinze decide to leave the Demons for greener pastures.

And this little note from Cavalier Daily:

Wake Forest redshirt sophomore Niki Arinze announced Thursday his intention to transfer to another school after this semester.

The 6-foot-5 forward has not yet chosen his next school.

Arinze started as a freshman in 1997-98 and averaged seven points and 6.1 rebounds per game. After a shoulder injury forced him to sit out the 1998-99 campaign, he returned this season, averaging 5.4 points and 21 minutes in 18 games. Arinze began the year in the starting lineup but fell out of coach Dave Odom's rotation altogether with the emergence of guards Ervin Murray, Josh Howard and Craig Dawson.

Arinze has two years of eligibility remaining. He can either transfer to another Division I school, sit out a year and play one more year of college ball or switch to a Division II school and play out his last two years.

Arinze would have been a good undersized PF, but there wasn't really a spot for that in Odom's system.

Arinze's freshman year was my senior year. My lasting memory of him on campus was pretty much every time I went to the library, he'd be studying in the same spot on the second floor at the stairs overlooking the first floor. Shame he transferred.

Arinze would have been a good undersized PF, but there wasn't really a spot for that in Odom's system.

Arinze's freshman year was my senior year. My lasting memory of him on campus was pretty much every time I went to the library, he'd be studying in the same spot on the second floor at the stairs overlooking the first floor. Shame he transferred.

And the really weird thing is that he transferred to DivII Henderson State.

Back