• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be the better QB? Jameis Winston v. Tajh Boyd

Who would you take as QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol where's small sample size Deac when you need him?

Oh numbers....your hatred of Clemson is funny sometimes.

Haha hey I hate FSU too. From what I've seen, and what the stats show (both biased with sample size sure), Winston is better.

Who is the last college guy to choose baseball over NFL? Was Samardzija drafted in football?

Haha hey I hate FSU too. From what I've seen, and what the stats show (both biased with sample size sure), Winston is better.

Except Boyd is breaking ACC records, and Winston has played 5 games for his entire career....

Diego do you not think that Boyd has benefited tremendously from throwing to Hopkins and Watson? That was my only point.

I think they have benefitted from each other. There are times when Hopkins and Watkins make amazing catches, and there are plenty of times when Boyd places a perfectly thrown ball.....the previous guy had CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford and he didn't come anywhere close to what Boyd is doing.

I think they have benefitted from each other. There are times when Hopkins and Watkins make amazing catches, and there are plenty of times when Boyd places a perfectly thrown ball.....the previous guy had CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford and he didn't come anywhere close to what Boyd is doing.

There's no denying that Tajh Boyd is better than Cullen Harper and Kyle Parker. I do think, however, that Winston is just flat out better than Boyd, and that's not a knock on Boyd. Boyd is probably a 1st round NFL talent.

I haven't seen Cumby this high on a guy with such a weak resume since [Redacted] won him over with a combination of chalk talk and wine coolers.

I haven't seen Cumby this high on a guy with such a weak resume since [Redacted] won him over with a combination of chalk talk and wine coolers.

lol fair point. Oddly enough, Winston already has more ACC road wins in two games than [Redacted] does in 25.

For serious though, how in the hell did he get out of the state of Alabama?

DUH
cupage.jpg

bellamyidiot.jpg

Diego do you not think that Boyd has benefited tremendously from throwing to Hopkins and Watson? That was my only point.

And Winston has benefited tremendously from playing for FSU where they have a stud at every position. Works both ways. Both are outstanding talents but I need to see Winston do it over time against good teams. Boyd's game against LSU last season was amazing

Pat Forde:

there also is a compelling subplot to the game: it will match a pair of African-American quarterbacks who rank among the very best players in the nation at their position, and not simply because of raw athleticism and running ability. They’re brilliant passers, strong leaders and big-time winners. Florida State freshman Jameis Winston (1) ranks second nationally in pass efficiency. Clemson senior Tajh Boyd (2) ranks eighth. Winston’s Seminoles are ranked fifth in the Associated Press Top 25. Boyd’s Tigers are ranked third. Both are among the leading contenders for the Heisman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--forde-yard-dash--black-quarterbacks-football-stereotypes-074713199.html

"I'm an OU fan but I always wanted to go to Texas. If I'd gotten offer from Texas I'd be going to Texas right now" Winston was quoted as saying by ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

So he grew up an OU can, but always wanted to go to Texas? That doesn't make sense, and Winston was clearly the #1 QB of his class, so while Mack Brown may be stupid, there is zero chance Texas ignored the #1 recruit. Think he's just stirring the pot a little...wasn't he an FSU lock from the beginning?

"I'm an OU fan but I always wanted to go to Texas. If I'd gotten offer from Texas I'd be going to Texas right now" Winston was quoted as saying by ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

So he grew up an OU can, but always wanted to go to Texas? That doesn't make sense, and Winston was clearly the #1 QB of his class, so while Mack Brown may be stupid, there is zero chance Texas ignored the #1 recruit. Think he's just stirring the pot a little...wasn't he an FSU lock from the beginning?

I think the main reason Mack didn't recruit Winston that hard was because he already knew he had a commitment from Tyrone Swoopes who was the top duel threat qb for the class of 2013 at that time.

Yeh I think the TX thing was overblown. I honestly think our biggest competition on signing day was stanford. Baseball played a lot into decision. Lucky for us, Jimbo is a huge fan.

Back