• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who ya got? Clemson vs. FSU

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
For gambling purposes, Noles are a 2.5 point favorite. But you're picking the actual winner.

Should be a good one. Jameis is solid, but I'm not sure he can handle Death Valley at night as a freshman. I think Boyd will make a few more plays and Clemson wins by 10.

Clemson 37
Florida State 27

Had Fsu winning the acc before the season started and knowing the way my predictions typically pan out that means Clemson will cruise in this one. I truly believe Fsu is better than Clemson. They have a better defense and I already trust Winston more at qb than Boyd. Fsu wins 31-23.

FSU rolls, famous jameis for Heisman.

I'm probably pulling for Clemson, but I've got a feeling FSU is for real this year and wins.

Florida State is simply better than Clemson and even has a better offense. I believe Jameis Winston is already better than Tajh Boyd and Clemson simply won't be able to stop FSU's running game. I'll take FSU by a touchdown.

Mariota is the heisman frontrunner coming into this weekend. But after Saturday, he's going to need big performances against UCLA and Stanford to get back atop the race. FSU wins by 10 and Winston shreds the Clemson defense.

I have no doubt the FSU offense will be able to put up points, but I'm not 100% sure the defense will be able to stop Boyd and company when necessary. And while Jameis is totally the real deal and may already be one of, if not the, best QB at FSU, he's still a freshman and Death Valley at night is not going to be an easy place to play. Heart says FSU by a TD, head says Clemson by TD. Voted FSU.

I am pulling for Clemson and thus voted for them. But I think the home field advantage may be decisive. Clemson has the best atmosphere in the ACC...a freshman QB will find that difficult to over-come. I hope.

Clemson is due for a clemsoning.

Clemson is due for a clemsoning.

Losing to FSU would not qualify as a "Clemsoning" - that involves losing to a team that you clearly should not lose to. Perhaps they got by that this year with their bad performance against BC where they managed to right the ship in the second half enough to avoid the trap loss? I think they get up for FSU, play with a chip on their shoulder due to being the underdog at home, and win the game. Then the question is, do they have a let down in one of the following games and "Clemson" themselves?

Losing to FSU would not qualify as a "Clemsoning" - that involves losing to a team that you clearly should not lose to. Perhaps they got by that this year with their bad performance against BC where they managed to right the ship in the second half enough to avoid the trap loss? I think they get up for FSU, play with a chip on their shoulder due to being the underdog at home, and win the game. Then the question is, do they have a let down in one of the following games and "Clemson" themselves?
If they beat Florida State in a close, emotional victory, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they went to College Park next week and lost to Maryland. Especially if their QB is back and healthy.

Florida St. is one year away from being the class of the ACC. Death Valley proves too much for Jameis Winston, Clemson wins in a shootout 45-41.

Back