• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who ya got? Clemson vs. FSU

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe playing in Death Valley actually works against Clemson. While initially helpful, that crowd is going to live and die on every play because they know what's at stake. Every mistake will be magnified. Everyone will be thinking about how Clemson tends to fold under pressure. And this is one of the biggest games in Tigers' history. That collective pressure will translate to the players, and will result in 1-2 key mistakes.

F$U, meanwhile, has been there before and is not awed by the bright lights. Add to that the Noles' coaching and slight talent edge, and I think they come away with a win.

Clemson gnashing of teeth commences.

I believe playing in Death Valley actually works against Clemson. While initially helpful, that crowd is going to live and die on every play because they know what's at stake. Every mistake will be magnified. Everyone will be thinking about how Clemson tends to fold under pressure. And this is one of the biggest games in Tigers' history. That collective pressure will translate to the players, and will result in 1-2 key mistakes.

F$U, meanwhile, has been there before and is not awed by the bright lights. Add to that the Noles' coaching and slight talent edge, and I think they come away with a win.

If the crowd is anything like they were when Georgia went to Death Valley earlier this year then FSU has no chance.

You believe playing at home works against a team? You must be new to this football thing.

I'm predicting an ugly game with not enough offense...one that makes everyone question if the ACC is really worthy of a potential National Contender. Mulitple INTs from Jameis in Death Valley but not enough from CU to capitalize and blow them out. So just an ugly turnover prone game.

Clemson - 24
FSU - 17

ClemTech hasn't played a decent team in a month and a half. They're rusty. Plus their o-line is subpar. I thing the Noles D takes Boyd out of the equation and he's the key to the offense.

F$U - 31
Clemsux - 17

Interesting analysis, but there was a lot of pressure in the UGa game too.

ClemTech hasn't played a decent team in a month and a half. They're rusty. Plus their o-line is subpar. I thing the Noles D takes Boyd out of the equation and he's the key to the offense.

F$U - 31
Clemsux - 17

it could be argued that FSU hasn't played a decent team in 10 months.

and no, I do not believe Maryland is a decent team.

FSU is actually better is every phase, especially special teams and that will be the difference I feel.

When is the last time the road team won in the series?

You believe playing at home works against a team? You must be new to this football thing.

No offense, but I believe Clemson fans are in a class of their own when it comes to the nerves thing. For years they've believed they should be competing for nat'l championships, yet until recently haven't been competing for ACC championships. There is an immense amount of pressure on this team to come through. There is a reason that the word "Clemsoning" was invented.

Make no mistake, I think Tajh Boyd is the real deal and will probably play lights out. But some of the younger guys will be feeling the weight of that fanbase's disappointment over every mistake. And Dabo will surely be feeling the heat and will be extra animated, further screwing with his team's fragile psyche. Meanwhile F$U will be more level-headed, quietly taking delight in opportunities to quiet the raucous crowd.

Talent-wise, both squads are ridiculiusly loaded and basically even. But in my view the Noles hold a big mental edge, and that will prove to be the difference. Who knows? Should be fun regardless.

For all the (deserved) talk about Clemson, FSU hasn't won too many big games under Jimbo. Particularly away from Tally

Back