• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who'd have thought...

Improvement over last season, that's a mighty prediction there Lec!!!;)

Yea, improvement to a .500 season where most pre-season speculation consisted of "We Fuggin Suck" and "lucky to win 2" --- So YEA, I'd say that was some unexpected improvement.

Don't blame me because your memory of this pre-season's banter isnt worth a shit.

At the beginning of the season he did say .500 record didn't he?

He said .500, but the season isn't over yet according to lec himself, so that prediction is blown out of the water. :D He also said 8-5 on another thread, and there were probably 2-3 other predictions at some point as well. I'm sure he said 7-6 or 6-7 at some point on some thread, and I'm sure he'll find it and bring it up next pre-season when proclaiming his greatness.

None of that really matters though unless you actually believe he's some sort of oracle and that the tooth fairy is real. What matters to me is that if we were 2-10, most of us would still be here posting and still out supporting the Deacs, and he'd be unable to be found.

Yea, improvement to a .500 season where most pre-season speculation consisted of "We Fuggin Suck" and "lucky to win 2" --- So YEA, I'd say that was some unexpected improvement.

Don't blame me because your memory of this pre-season's banter isnt worth a shit.

Same as the worth of your predictions to anybody, but yourself.

He said .500, but the season isn't over yet according to lec himself, so that prediction is blown out of the water. :D He also said 8-5 on another thread, and there were probably 2-3 other predictions at some point as well. I'm sure he said 7-6 or 6-7 at some point on some thread, and I'm sure he'll find it and bring it up next pre-season when proclaiming his greatness.

None of that really matters though unless you actually believe he's some sort of oracle and that the tooth fairy is real. What matters to me is that if we were 2-10, most of us would still be here posting and still out supporting the Deacs, and he'd be unable to be found.

You open your mouth and a lie flies out.

I said in my dreams I'd hope we could get to 8 and 5 but that a 500

season was most likely due to Sophomore led teams being very inconsistent.

And the tooth fairy is real...sort of. I have not forgotten that somebody has teeth that need fixing.

Pretty "obvious" that I called the improvement this season.

If we're on the subject of predictions, I think a bunch of us can pat ourselves on the back for predicting your absenteeism as soon as the football team took a downward turn mid season.

IMO preseason expectations are not really the best way to analyse the overall success of this season. Yes, most thought we would be mediocre at best and MAYBE get 6 wins. But you know what, we were better than we expected, Price made HUGE improvement, Givens was way better than we expected (even though we knew he was a stud, who would have guessed leading the ACC?), and played in a division that was pretty damn easy to win with Clemson playing like shit down the stretch, FSU losing early in the season and everyone else sucking it up. I hope I'm wrong but this division will not be this wide open for a Wake win for awhile. That being said, the season was disappointing considering the collapse the last six games, and not a success bc of a shitty bowl game nobody wants to go to.

I'm afraid this is pretty accurate. We should have grabbed the brass ring. ACC championship game or at least the elusive 8 win season. I wonder if Grobe realizes what it would have meant for his legacy to have 2 Atlantic division titles. I'm sure he does, but he certainly comes across as far more contented than I'd be in his shoes.

If we're on the subject of predictions, I think a bunch of us can pat ourselves on the back for predicting your absenteeism as soon as the football team took a downward turn mid season.

Ol'Lec only really posts in the pre-season don't you know? That way, if his predictions are correct, he can gloat about it and if he's wrong, he can disappear until next pre-season.

I have hardly been here all season...was not here after wins either. Never am...but don't let the facts hamper your shit-slinging

Ol'Lec only really posts in the pre-season don't you know? That way, if his predictions are correct, he can gloat about it and if he's wrong, he can disappear until next pre-season.

I am here right now, arent I. Problem really is that the majority of you dont know shit about football and it pisses you off when somebody else does.

Stick to trading shitty recipes and the bittersweet practice of recalling painful losses. That's what the majority of you are equipped to handle.

I am here right now, arent I. Problem really is that the majority of you dont know shit about football and it pisses you off when somebody else does.

Stick to trading shitty recipes and the bittersweet practice of recalling painful losses. That's what the majority of you are equipped to handle.

Cool off Lec, we're just having some fun with you and you can skip the "I know football and you don't" crap, because I'm very comfortable with putting my football knowledge up against about anybody that doesn't make a living coaching or covering it. Some of your post have some pretty good insight, but I've never seen anything from you is beyond most football fan's knowledge. Don't go giving yourself so much credit there,

Thad, no need to be angry.

What are people's read on Givens coming back at this point? What are the chances he jumps?

You open your mouth and a lie flies out.

I said in my dreams I'd hope we could get to 8 and 5 but that a 500

season was most likely due to Sophomore led teams being very inconsistent.

You did? I don't see anything about dreams in this thread/post.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=265546&postcount=59
Lectro says "7 and 5" with a Bowl Victory!

And the .500 prediction you're hanging your hat on was an "at least" prediction...not exactly the precision that I'd expect from an all-knowing oracle like yourself. It's also in jeopardy depending on how the bowl game goes.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=144647&postcount=1
The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012.

I'm also still wondering why you didn't see the "serious run at the ACC Championship" this season? The nice part about vague statements is that you can mold them however you'd like in the future. We end up 2nd or 3rd in the division next year and we made a "serious run" that you can claim victory on.

Since we're talking failed predictions:
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145050&postcount=42
Ok fellas...there I am with my ass out in the wind and ready to be shot off but it is a feeling that has been growing for some time.

I'm going to jump the shark even though The Oracle has not officially informed me...all the tell tale signs are there. The hair is rising on my neck as I type this... it is transforming and on its way to Becoming a Vision.

WE ARE GOING TO DEFEAT Notre Dame!

You did? I don't see anything about dreams in this thread/post.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=265546&postcount=59

And the .500 prediction you're hanging your hat on was an "at least" prediction...not exactly the precision that I'd expect from an all-knowing oracle like yourself. It's also in jeopardy depending on how the bowl game goes.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=144647&postcount=1

I'm also still wondering why you didn't see the "serious run at the ACC Championship" this season? The nice part about vague statements is that you

can mold them however you'd like in the future. We end up 2nd or 3rd in the division next year and we made a "serious run" that you can claim victory on.

Since we're talking failed predictions:
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145050&postcount=42

The obsession continues hahahaha.. Fucking leg humper extraordinaire.

Cool off Lec, we're just having some fun with you and you can skip the "I know football and you don't" crap, because I'm very comfortable with putting my football knowledge up against about anybody that doesn't make a living coaching or covering it. Some of your post have some pretty good insight, but I've never seen anything from you is beyond most football fan's knowledge. Don't go giving yourself so much credit there,

take the "we are all having fun with you" and shove it. You don't shit about football...but no worries, I'm just having fun with you.

take the "we are all having fun with you" and shove it. You don't shit about football...but no worries, I'm just having fun with you.

Whatever, Lec, if your life is so pathetic that you must continually pat yourself on the back and proclaim yourself this all knowing football forecaster than hey, go with it. Believe me, you telling me I don't know shit about football, is like a teenage go-cart driver telling Tony Stewart he don't know shit about driving a race car. In otherwords, your opinion is pretty pathetic and meaningless.

Back