• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who'd have thought...

Whatever, Lec, if your life is so pathetic that you must continually pat yourself on the back and proclaim yourself this all knowing football forecaster than hey, go with it. Believe me, you telling me I don't know shit about football, is like a teenage go-cart driver telling Tony Stewart he don't know shit about driving a race car. In otherwords, your opinion is pretty pathetic and meaningless.

Well, for a pathetic and meaningless opinion you sure waste a lot of time arguing with it. Fact is, you don't know shit about football...no big deal, see racersqueak

Geez - Live and Lec - take it the fuck outside!

I have a different take in that

I think that we have a damn good football team. This is why the Clempsen game just continues to kill me and I'm afraid will haunt the program.

No way we beat Va Tech so there would be no Orange Bowl, but this program could have made a major statement this year vs. just getting back to being OK again, which after last year is a big deal.

Offensively we had a good year, but again I continue to be amazed at some of the playcalling and lack of flare. Not incompetent but not talented, and in my opinion is the weak link.

- The holding call in the Cuse game and the weight of the screwjob calls at clempsen really hurt us as well.

The bowl game is important as well. Playing Wyoming in the Weedeater does not do anything for us other than practice time.

But if we got Florida or Tenn in the Music City our guys would be pumped and I believe we would beat their ass !

Next year is going to be interesting as well. Our skill players are all back, and although we lose a lot of Srs on the O-line I understand that the younger guys are more talented. Let's get back to some COACHING there.

On D - we will miss Quarles my favorite player, and Wilbur. But maybe just maybe one of some of the kids will develop on the line and give "Ninja" a break.

I want Clempsen at home in another important game next year.

Well, for a pathetic and meaningless opinion you sure waste a lot of time arguing with it. Fact is, you don't know shit about football...no big deal, see racersqueak

Oh no, the board's Uncle Rico said it again, I'm so hurt. Still not over the coach not putting you into the title game back in high school, since you could throw a football a quarter mile, Lec?

Diver, the bowl game is important for 2 reasons. One, as you mentioned we get extra practice time and that can only help our younger guys. Two, it's a big deal to the players to make a bowl. In fact, maybe it was too big a deal to them since we seemed so content with just making a bowl. This season was frustrating, to be so close to what our ultimate goal of winning the ACC, is tough. However, I'm glad we're getting to play another game, regardless of where it is. Saying we've been to bowls 4 out of the last 6 years, sounds a whole lot better to recruits than saying we haven't been to a bowl since 2008.

I agree next year will hinge on the OL. If the young guys are more talented than we'll be in good shape and maybe even better up front than this year, as the season goes on. Defensively, up front we've got to get bigger. I love Nikita to death, but we need bigger guys up front with him. I think we'll be solid at LB and the secondary should be better, provided we get Kevin Johson and Dom Tate back. Quarles will be missed, but I think we've got talent to step in.

Oh no, the board's Uncle Rico said it again, I'm so hurt. Still not over the coach not putting you into the title game back in high school, since you could throw a football a quarter mile, Lec?

Diver, the bowl game is important for 2 reasons. One, as you mentioned we get extra practice time and that can only help our younger guys. Two, it's a big deal to the players to make a bowl. In fact, maybe it was too big a deal to them since we seemed so content with just making a bowl. This season was frustrating, to be so close to what our ultimate goal of winning the ACC, is tough. However, I'm glad we're getting to play another game, regardless of where it is. Saying we've been to bowls 4 out of the last 6 years, sounds a whole lot better to recruits than saying we haven't been to a bowl since 2008.

I agree next year will hinge on the OL. If the young guys are more talented than we'll be in good shape and maybe even better up front than this year, as the season goes on. Defensively, up front we've got to get bigger. I love
Nikita to death, but we need bigger guys up front with him. I think we'll be solid at LB and the secondary should be better, provided we get Kevin Johson and Dom Tate back. Quarles will be missed, but I think we've got talent to step in.

Jealous beyotch... get in line with racersqeak

Jealous beyotch... get in line with racersqeak

I love it, you're the best parody ever Lec!!!! I used to think RoboHeel was, but he had nothing on you my man!

Edit: When I think about, you're even better than Bandwagon Boy. A higher compliment can't be had!

Last edited:
What gripes my ass is as soon as Lectro posts anything the thread turns to Lectro attacks and Lectro defends....If the mods here had balls the size of a gnat's they'd stop this...

What gripes my ass is as soon as Lectro posts anything the thread turns to Lectro attacks and Lectro defends....If the mods here had balls the size of a gnat's they'd stop this...

So, you're suggesting that lectro gets his own thread like Kahn?

after last season we'd be bowling this season against the schedule we played? Beyond that, who'd have thought we'd be bowling if we went 1-3 in our non-conference schedule???

Speaking for myself, I'd say maybe with some luck to question #1 and no to question #2. At the beginning of the season I would have thought a road to a bowl game for us would've had to include wins over Syracuse and Vandy. Of course we'd all like to be better than 6-6 and really should've been, but I guess if we're going to go 6-6, I would rather it be because of a good conference record, as opposed to going 4-0 or 3-1 OOC and having a losing conference record. It was a really bad end to the regular season Saturday night, no excuses for that performance, but all in all there are lots of things to feel good about this season and we're going to get a chance to play somewhere and end it on a really good note.

:dancindeac: I did

So, you're suggesting that lectro gets his own thread like Kahn?

Yea, I could have my own thread where only knowledgeable football postings are allowed while you can have another for the numb-nuts who want to trade recipes and recount memorable losses. :)

Back