• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who's Running Things Right Now?

aladeac

Reaction score
Just curious, but with all of the coaches relieved of their duties, who's running day to day football activities, such as weight training, watching film, etc. Is it every man for himself right now?

Also, have there been any rumors of any players thinking of transferring to stay with their position coach?

Last, what has been the experience in past situations like this, is recruiting set back and for how long?

I thought this was about the search. I was curious about that too:

- does Wellman have carte blanche from administration/trustees to select and negotiate?
- is hatch more than symbolically involved?

All I know is that in the week after Odom left, but before Skip was hired, there was a LOT of reefer suddenly being smoked by my next door neighbor basketball player.

Why would they be watching film now? Isn't Reeve still here? If so, I would assume he's putting them through workouts, if the players are even required to be working out yet. I think after the season the players usually get some time away from anything football related anyway.

I thought this was about the search. I was curious about that too:

- does Wellman have carte blanche from administration/trustees to select and negotiate?
- is hatch more than symbolically involved?

I've been wondering about this to. It's been reported and seemingly confirmed that Hatch flew up to join Wellman for meetings/interviews with Lembo and possibly Clawson. This is the first I can remember of the University President meeting with prospective candidates before there was a deal reached at least in principle and the first I remember of the University President traveling to meet prospective coaching candidate(s). I don't remember any reports or rumors of Hatch going out to Colorado to meet [Redacted], and while these searches were before the social media age I don't remember any reports/rumors of President Hearn meeting with either Grobe or Skip before at least a preliminary agreement was reached that they were going to be the next coach.

I've been wondering about this to. It's been reported and seemingly confirmed that Hatch flew up to join Wellman for meetings/interviews with Lembo and possibly Clawson. This is the first I can remember of the University President meeting with prospective candidates before there was a deal reached at least in principle and the first I remember of the University President traveling to meet prospective coaching candidate(s). I don't remember any reports or rumors of Hatch going out to Colorado to meet [Redacted], and while these searches were before the social media age I don't remember any reports/rumors of President Hearn meeting with either Grobe or Skip before at least a preliminary agreement was reached that they were going to be the next coach.

I'm sure it hasn't happened before. Thought we would see RW being put on a shorter leash by BoT. Probably not a tight one, but one just the same.

I would think there are a few assistants who might like to hang around. Belin, Heimy come to mid- not one of the JG inbreeds. Pick up some pay and brownie points while they look on the job market. Helpful especially if they are linked to our "better" recruits. Lots of junior G-men in suits over there who have time on their hands too. Then there is Coach Fair for what that is worth.

I'm sure it hasn't happened before. Thought we would see RW being put on a shorter leash by BoT. Probably not a tight one, but one just the same.

That makes sense. I know I sometimes forget how highly regarded Wellman was (perhaps is) in the industry. AD of the Year, linked to some bigger jobs, lots of facilities upgrades, NCAA selection committee, etc. etc. Perhaps that bought him to clout to perform the unilateral search for Bz. Obviously that is not the case in 2013 and Hatch/BoT want to make sure this doesn't get fucked up.

I think when we hired Odom that Tommy K met with him and with Bartow from UAB.

Be glad Hatch is involved. From what I can tell his hires at WFU (except for Jill Tiefenthaler who thankfully left before she destroyed everything) have been good.

Be glad Hatch is involved. From what I can tell his hires at WFU (except for Jill Tiefenthaler who thankfully left before she destroyed everything) have been good.

Serious question. Who is Jill Tiefenthaler and what did she destroy?

Also, I'm encouraged that Hatch has Wellman on a short leash, assuming Hatch sincerely has an interest in WFU athletics.

Serious question. Who is Jill Tiefenthaler and what did she destroy?

Also, I'm encouraged that Hatch has Wellman on a short leash, assuming Hatch sincerely has an interest in WFU athletics.

She was the former provost who is now president of Colorado College.

I am unsure of what "she destroyed" is referring to.

I think Reeves is still training them? Since He trains other teams? I think he probably still gets paid/ works for school until a new coach officially wants to bring in his own guy.

At the risk of oversimplification, yes it was.

That was a great move. Taking a stance against a biased test (SAT is pretty worthless as a predictor of success. A predictor of your socioeconomic status perhaps, but not achievement in college). It also broadened Wake Forest's reach to more high-achieving students from underrepresented/lower SES backgrounds. The SAT is a test that is losing relevance--the next iteration of the test was delayed until 2016. The fact that we will have had 2 massive changes regarding the SAT in a decade shows that it is a dubious predictor of anything.

The next great thing the admissions office could do is drop the supplements from the application.

Back