• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why 247 sucks in a single tweet

It’s the tweet in the original post on this thread.

He has deleted the tweet. May still be showing up in your cache

Hartman didn't play great, but lordy is this a bad take

I feel like it happens a couple of times a year, then Les gets wind of it and tells him to delete shit or apologize or stop being an antagonizing asshole. Not really worth the headache when other times the “analysis” is subpar at best.

Man, I think Cam does add a lot of value and I’ve met him (he’s a nice guy) but overall I agree with Ph. He’s acting like a normal young, drunk & passionate fan, but given his position he can’t really do that.

More than his takes, I find the delivery of them to be pretty unconvincing. Eg. an evidence-based article talking about Hartman / comparing him to previous QBs would probably be interesting. His tweets (which can be pretty arrogant / snide) don’t really accomplish much. Also given Les (who I also like) has had his own occasional interpersonal…incidents, not sure he’s gonna get the best mentorship there.

I’ll admit my posting style was probably pretty similar 15 years ago. But I also had the privilege of being a nobody on a message board.

Last edited:
Man, I think Cam does add a lot of value and I’ve met him (he’s a nice guy)? but overall I agree with Ph. He’s acting like a normal young, drunk & passionate fan, but given his position he can’t really do that.

More than his takes, I find the delivery of them to be pretty unconvincing. Eg. an evidence-based article talking about Hartman / comparing him to previous QBs would probably be interesting. His tweets (which can be pretty arrogant / snide) don’t really accomplish much. Also given Les (who I also like) has had his own occasional interpersonal… struggles, not sure he’s gonna get the best mentorship there.

I’ll admit my posting style was probably pretty similar 15 years ago. But I also had the privilege of being a nobody on a message board.

What did I miss with Les?

Exactly.

Yeah like I said earlier poor man’s PhDeac, Ph would never delete a tweet! He would die on that Ish sorry I mean Hartman hill.

No one controls press like Clawson. They all scared shit of him. Along with being a coaching savant, he's a press savant. So over time it wears on these reporter dudes. So couple beers it comes out like vomit. So there you go.

Does someone have a screen shot of the tweet?
Snagged via Tapatalk.
96bb51a874d5bc325a8ce02a3f44e8c2.jpg

He will be good and play by the rules for the rest of football season, then have some hot take that Forbes isn't a good coach midway through hoops season....Rinse repeat.

Edit to say: I have no problem with Cam on a personal level, and I don't know the dude at all. But you can't be a member of the media and say dumb shit like that. Lets hope he has learned his lesson.

Cam thinks he knows A LOT more about football then he actually does and chooses the oddest hills to die on (i.e. Hartman the "worst Wake QB in decades", the jump circle defending of any criticisms of Lyle Hemphill in '20 and '21, etc.).

But on the whole he brings some decent insight and has some good recruiting contacts (or at least he did prior last Saturday).

And the insider reporting on 247 blows away anything ogboards.com has attempted to provide in the past or present.

Speaking of insider reporting... whatever happened to the green SuperUsers???

Hard to walk the line between super passionate fan and media member. But that take is horrible regardless of which side you're on. And when you're on the side of media member AT ALL you should know better. Use facts not opinions. Underthrown the ball on X number of throws this game would be far better / more useful analysis.

Cam thinks he knows A LOT more about football then he actually does and chooses the oddest hills to die on (i.e. Hartman the "worst Wake QB in decades", the jump circle defending of any criticisms of Lyle Hemphill in '20 and '21, etc.).

But on the whole he brings some decent insight and has some good recruiting contacts (or at least he did prior last Saturday).

And the insider reporting on 247 blows away anything ogboards.com has attempted to provide in the past or present.

Speaking of insider reporting... whatever happened to the green SuperUsers???

Which isn't much, we've never made any sorts of promises or guarantees about insider reporting. We're a message boards/forum run entirely by fans, for fans, and upkeep/hosting paid for entirely by donations from those fans (without any pesky ads, or shady as fuck subscription practices). You're comparing apples and oranges by even bringing this shit up. Our primary reason for existence is for fans to be able to discuss WFU sports and build a sense of community, they are primarily a "reporting" org with an awful generic message board experience tacked on. You won't find any magically hidden threads here only for "VIPs" to read and post on. That's such walled garden bullshit.

Also Cam's take, lol. Makes me think he's just super young or only started watching WFU in the last 5 years. Riley had some incredible stinkers of his own, Newman had off days that completely took us out of games too, not even going to try and argue for Tanner P being a better QB than Hartman, that'd be laughable.

pretty sure cam is in his 20s and a fairly recent alumnus, but don't know how much he followed the deacs before he started as a student

because we had starts from guys like Brett Hodges, Ted Stachitas, and Skylar Jones in the last 15 years

Which isn't much, we've never made any sorts of promises or guarantees about insider reporting. We're a message boards/forum run entirely by fans, for fans, and upkeep/hosting paid for entirely by donations from those fans (without any pesky ads, or shady as fuck subscription practices). You're comparing apples and oranges by even bringing this shit up. Our primary reason for existence is for fans to be able to discuss WFU sports and build a sense of community, they are primarily a "reporting" org with an awful generic message board experience tacked on. You won't find any magically hidden threads here only for "VIPs" to read and post on. That's such walled garden bullshit.

Also Cam's take, lol. Makes me think he's just super young or only started watching WFU in the last 5 years. Riley had some incredible stinkers of his own, Newman had off days that completely took us out of games too, not even going to try and argue for Tanner P being a better QB than Hartman, that'd be laughable.

I actually think Price would have been a dang good QB in this current system.

We've all said things we shouldn't in the heat of the moment, but his mistake Saturday could, and probably should harm his future as a "media contributor". I am not wishing bad vibes upon him, but I don't know how you can recover from that or keep any shred of credibility.

Doesn't he know that OGB exists for the sole purpose for guys like him to to spam our game threads with scorching hot takes of the sorts. We've has some classic hot takes on the game threads over the years. Twitter isn't for those hot takes.

Back