• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why 247 sucks in a single tweet

Indeed, we welcome all hot takes here, because they make for great argument/discussion (and that's what the dislike button is for).

we need some kind Brasky Hot Taek Award or something (in addition to the Political Chat Thread rename).

we need some kind Brasky Hot Taek Award or something (in addition to the Political Chat Thread rename).
I like this idea. Maybe an end of the year Hot Take Elite 8 tourney style. We all vote, etc.

We've all said things we shouldn't in the heat of the moment, but his mistake Saturday could, and probably should harm his future as a "media contributor". I am not wishing bad vibes upon him, but I don't know how you can recover from that or keep any shred of credibility.

Doesn't he know that OGB exists for the sole purpose for guys like him to to spam our game threads with scorching hot takes of the sorts. We've has some classic hot takes on the game threads over the years. Twitter isn't for those hot takes.
I tend to like a lot of Cam's stuff because he references some metrics that I don't follow or take the time to dig in to. I don't always agree with his takes because I think he gets a little hung up on some of those same metrics as a be all end all. I do enjoy the podcast.

Cam def brings good stuff the the table. When he doubles down on a recruiting take, he's like 99% right. In fact, He's called certain guys coming to Wake like months before they commit, while they're still scheduling other OV's. He has some connections. That's, to me, the best contribution he makes the 247. I am on those boards to get a pulse on hoops and football recruiting. The player interviews and analysis are great, but crootin' scoopz is what I'm there for, and Cam/Les offer those.

So this isn't a f*** Cam thread. It's a "come on man...do better Cam" thread.

There are consequences to your actions. I hope he never sets foot near campus or one of Wake's players in his current capacity.

#cancelcam

Poor man’s Phdeac doesn’t deserve your clicks when you get the grade A prime cut here for free.

Pretty dumb post, especially for a member of the media, but I will play devil's advocate. When Sam is having one of those bad days where it seems like he has just lost all faith in his abilities on the field, he is, in fact, jaw droppingly bad and as bad as any QB I can recall at Wake (granted, I have purged many of those lean years from my memory with copious amounts of alcohol). Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. On Saturday he was not Wisconsin bowl game bad, but there were several times where he seemed to be on the cusp of that. Like he was on valium in our already slow-developing offense.

Thoughts on Cam aside, he posted an apology and is fine in my book. Creamy is right. 247 and OGB are distinct communities that offer different things. If y'all want real scoops (not DS bullshit) and some solid sports talk, then DDD is a great spot.

At the very least, we're a pretty small community, and it's cool imo that we have 3 legit outlets for fans to talk Wake.

Sam has thrown 13 picks in his last 8 games. We need 1 or less against Clemson to have any shot whatsoever.

Thoughts on Cam aside, he posted an apology and is fine in my book. Creamy is right. 247 and OGB are distinct communities that offer different things. If y'all want real scoops (not DS bullshit) and some solid sports talk, then DDD is a great spot.

At the very least, we're a pretty small community, and it's cool imo that we have 3 legit outlets for fans to talk Wake.
PM please

Snagged via Tapatalk.
96bb51a874d5bc325a8ce02a3f44e8c2.jpg
First, dumb tweet. Second, Sam can be frustrating to watch when he’s not playing well, because it looks like he’s sleepwalking through the game. But when he’s doing well, he’s still “sleepwalking” but looks calm and cool.

Sam just going to Sam.

6 TDs vs Clemson. Sets the Wake single game record for most TDs, ties the ACC record. Atta way to silence the haters.

6 TDs vs Clemson. Sets the Wake single game record for most TDs, ties the ACC record. Atta way to silence the haters.
I also saw that his 6TDs were the most against the blitz of any P5 QB since 2011.

3rd time Clemson ha given up 6 passing TDs under Dabo. First time that they still won.

Back