• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why are Wake fans so angry?

I agree with Ph on this one. It was a stupid poll, but even stupider, was assigning it any significance beyond the bounds of this board.

Like it or not, BSD represents our fanbase. It's the public face for a lot of critical element that has worked its way from the fringes to the mainstream. Y'all are better than some of the things that have been posted about BuzzOut, WellmanOut, discontent, etc., lately.

I respect the work y'all do, but I don't know why you had to make your point in this way.

Valid points. It's an interesting balance between giving opinions in a well thought-out way, representing other opinions within the fan base, and putting forth an actual "unified front" for how the fan base feels as a whole. Definitely a work in progress that we're trying to achieve and maintain.

If anything, there were much better polls to choose that wouldn't have made angry fans look like lunatics.

If anything, someone should write a blog post asking why aren't Wake fans angrier

If anything, someone should write a blog post asking why aren't Wake fans angrier

Agreed. Wake fans have been way more tolerant than most. Again, Wake is one of 19 schools coming off 4 straight losing seasons and one of only 3 to keep the same coach for a 5th season.

I'm not going to even bother to look how hoops compares with other high major programs.

Agreed. Wake fans have been way more tolerant than most. Again, Wake is one of 19 schools coming off 4 straight losing seasons and one of only 3 to keep the same coach for a 5th season.

I'm not going to even bother to look how hoops compares with other high major programs.

Looks like PhDeac wants to write the next blog post!

The impetus for the article was two-fold. First off there was a bye week and so there wasn't a game to talk about in the weekly article. Second of all we keep getting questions about why Wake fans are so angry when Wellman appears to be a good AD from the outside and the football team has a head coach who took us to the Orange Bowl a few years back. I was just trying to address that question while boiling it down to as simple an answer as possible. It wasn't meant to be an authoritative answer, just my opinion on other people's opinion.

I'm sure when Wake basketball inevitably tanks after we fail to make a bowl this year that there will be a couple of articles addressing the state of the program and why fans are mad.

Looks like PhDeac wants to write the next blog post!

Anybody is welcome to use the search engine to quote anything I've posted. No need to use my name or handle.

Any reporter asking that question fell out of the stupid tree. How hard is it to find the reasons the wake faithful are angry? I hate listening to reporters ask questions that they already have all the answers and facts in front of them.

Any reporter asking that question fell out of the stupid tree. How hard is it to find the reasons the wake faithful are angry? I hate listening to reporters ask questions that they already have all the answers and facts in front of them.

Yeah it's more like they have the facts in front of them but still don't understand.

Nobody's ever accused reporters of being the smartest guys in the room either though.

I like how numbers started that poll on here and then used the results to make a point on his own site. Fun.

Yeah it's more like they have the facts in front of them but still don't understand.

Nobody's ever accused reporters of being the smartest guys in the room either though.

I seriously doubt they have the facts. They have some spin with facts sprinkled in. If they had facts, they wouldn't need to ask the question.

Sounds like the fans aren't angry. They are having a great time on the new wake forest sports message board.

Because these idiots like to live like they are still 18, the posts are humorous and demonstrate the actual stupidity and lack of perspective for many fans. The ogboard is not too different than many boards though, most of the messages boards for most schools are made of elderly adolescents trying to find a way to justify their petty existence.

I cannot wait for the responses! Have a nice day.

Because these idiots like to live like they are still 18, the posts are humorous and demonstrate the actual stupidity and lack of perspective for many fans. The ogboard is not too different than many boards though, most of the messages boards for most schools are made of elderly adolescents trying to find a way to justify their petty existence.

I cannot wait for the responses! Have a nice day.

So you troll on a message board and then talk about others being childish and trying to justify their petty existence. Adorable!

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...-Fargo-Sucks?p=1268123&viewfull=1#post1268123
How bad is Wells Fargo, horrible customer service and the shittiest tellers!!!

Personally, I'm angry because the Buzz debacle has demonstrated that the AD is willing to accept abject failure in our athletic department. If there is one thing that energizes a fan base it is hope. "There's always next year." But that only works if the fans believe there will be pressure to make changes or address the failures of the team. Buzz has shown us that is not the case.

how about lobo? he's been terrible for seemingly 13 years.

Personally, I'm angry because the Buzz debacle has demonstrated that the AD is willing to accept abject failure in our athletic department. If there is one thing that energizes a fan base it is hope. "There's always next year." But that only works if the fans believe there will be pressure to make changes or address the failures of the team. Buzz has shown us that is not the case.

Hope has been dead for at least a couple of years now. RIP...

Back