• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

The man running the show the past 9 years isnt in charge anymore.

PTI ragged on Taron for making a throat slash sign before missing a FT. They called him a thug and more. I gave the board PTI's email address. There were so many emails sent that Wilbon and Tony The Douche started crying about it on the show.

That was a good one, but your claim to fame will always be yelling so loudly at an official during an early season basketball tournament in California a number of years ago, that he looked up at you in the stands. Some newer message board folks probably don't even know this

The man running the show the past 9 years isnt in charge anymore.

The only thing I think Ron wouldn't lie to us about is his lust for power and control. He says he is making all decisions until May 1st, I believe him.

You got the scope so I hope your right, Im just so use to being disappointing at this point.

That was a good one, but your claim to fame will always be yelling so loudly at an official during an early season basketball tournament in California a number of years ago, that he looked up at you in the stands. Some newer message board folks probably don't even know this

"No virgins in college basketball" was more fun.

Someone's gotta still have that gif.

By the way, the best part of the Anaheim tourney was getting an assistant coach to use something I kept screaming. On Day One, a couple of our guys got blindsided on back picks. After the first one, I yelled, "Call out the pick".

The same thing happened a couple of times the next day. I yelled it out each time.

The third day, it happened early. During a TO (we were about 10-15 feet from the bench), an assistant finally said, "would someone call a pick and shut him the **** up."

The next pick got called out.

PTI ragged on Taron for making a throat slash sign before missing a FT. They called him a thug and more. I gave the board PTI's email address. There were so many emails sent that Wilbon and Tony The Douche started crying about it on the show.

I guess that’s kind of what happened.

But not really.

I guess that’s kind of what happened.

But not really.

Damn. Wilbon stopped the show to directly address the emails from Wake fans and he was pissed.

But why be accurate, even when we're having fun....

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Danny Manning has resigned as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director Ron Wellman announced Monday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who made every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Wellman. "At this time, Daniel felt that new leadership would help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's four years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last four years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my year-end review with Ron, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told Ron that I am resigning because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity that we have had at Wake Forest. I look forward to the future success of this program."

Manning posted a record of 65-93 overall and 24-66 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his five years.

A national search for Wake Forest's next head coach will begin immediately. There is no timeline for hiring a replacement said Wellman.

"As I imagine that most of our candidates will be participating in postseason play, I would not expect us to have a quick announcement on the new coach. I will be working with University leaders and national basketball leaders to identify the most outstanding prospects. There is no timetable for this process," said Wellman.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Danny Manning has resigned as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director Ron Wellman announced Monday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who made every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Wellman. "At this time, Daniel felt that new leadership would help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's four years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last four years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my year-end review with Ron, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told Ron that I am resigning because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity that we have had at Wake Forest. I look forward to the future success of this program."

Manning posted a record of 65-93 overall and 24-66 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his five years.

A national search for Wake Forest's next head coach will begin immediately. There is no timeline for hiring a replacement said Wellman.

"As I imagine that most of our candidates will be participating in postseason play, I would not expect us to have a quick announcement on the new coach. I will be working with University leaders and national basketball leaders to identify the most outstanding prospects. There is no timetable for this process," said Wellman.

you should be banned

linkkk??

and wasnt it 5 years?

Is there some reason why the Wake Forest portion of the Jeff [Redacted] Wikipedia page is only three sentences long and the Houston Rockets section is like twelve paragraphs ?

Who is monitoring that thing ?

Back