• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Oh I sure as hell ain't taking that account seriously. I just want to believe.

Got to love being a D1 Power 5 school with a D2 SID. Combine that with a retiring geriatric narcissist as AD and this is what you get.

Is there some reason why the Wake Forest portion of the Jeff [name redacted] Wikipedia page is only three sentences long and the Houston Rockets section is like twelve paragraphs ?

Who is monitoring that thing ?

Someone in the AD was super-aggressive about removing any actual information about his tenure at Wake.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Danny Manning has resigned as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director Ron Wellman announced Monday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who made every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Wellman. "At this time, Daniel felt that new leadership would help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's five years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last five years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my year-end review with Ron, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told Ron that I am resigning because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity that we have had at Wake Forest. I look forward to the future success of this program."

Manning posted a record of 65-93 overall and 24-66 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his five years.

A national search for Wake Forest's next head coach will begin immediately. There is no timeline for hiring a replacement said Wellman.

"As I imagine that most of our candidates will be participating in postseason play, I would not expect us to have a quick announcement on the new coach. I will be working with University leaders and national basketball leaders to identify the most outstanding prospects. There is no timetable for this process," said Wellman.

What is this jabroni twitter account that we're supposed to be pinning our hopes on?

are-we-there-yet-gif-8.gif

In searching for Manning news on twitter, found this gem from a "Kansas" fan:

Last edited:
yeah the KU tweets are comical. not even sure if they are being serious
but i don't think that is a KU fan

Last edited:
now this one on the other hand. hahahahah

Back