• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

My sources say he's gone but arent sure if the announcement will be tomorrow, Wed. or Thurs. And they're as baffled by that as we all are.

Good grief, I thought it was going to happen today. Now I am worried...wtf?

Clown shoes operation right until the bitter end.

This has to be Wellman, he has continued to make the BB program a laughing stock for 9 years. This should be easy, just look at the stats and the attrition.

why the fuck would you bury it?? everyone has witnessed the shit show for the last nine years wellman!!! firing him is the logical thing to do - not something to hide you dumb fuck

Thought on the buyout, maybe when the extension was signed it was for a fully guaranteed $18M over 8 years (2 years on original term + 6 more). That would work out to a salary of $2.25M which would be a sensible raise vs the $1.7-1.8M he was making before (of course having no buyout clause is not sensible). That would mean that we would have ~$13.5M left (6 years * $2.25M), which roughly ties to some of the scoops out there.

They’re just waiting for Shaka’s season to end so they can announce it all at once.

The longer the announcement takes the more fear i will have that they have one of the lower tier (read cheaper) options ready to announce and are trying to create a narrative to sell it. Maybe currie will change that feeling after this.

This is the only thing that makes sense. Which means it’s probably the opposite of what is actually happening..

occams razor:
wellman and the shit show that is wake basketball continues to be inept

Really would love to be in currie’s head right now as he watches the handling of the current situation. Curious if he sees it being the shit show it is or if he still values RW’s approach.

They’re probably delaying the announcement so Pitino has time to get here from Greece and we can handle everything all to once.

Agree totally. The news will be buried on national outlets on Thursday /Friday this week with the tournament. Predict Friday is the official day—maybe a leak on Thursday.

Which is exactly why a prepared press release should have gone out about Noon last Thursday. Job needed to be open to see who was interested. Bury the “bad news” of the firing in the conference tournament/bubble talk.

Which is exactly why a prepared press release should have gone out about Noon last Thursday. Job needed to be open to see who was interested. Bury the “bad news” of the firing in the conference tournament/bubble talk.

I would hope that they’ve been back channeling with prospective coaches’ agents to gauge interest well before last Thursday, but on the whole I agree. They should have just announced it immediately after the season was complete.

They’re probably delaying the announcement so Pitino has time to get here from Greece and we can handle everything all to once.

Tuning in the press conference and witnessing Rick Pitino walk out would rank as the most surprising event of my life. I would be entertained at least.

No need to do that if we're gonna limit ourselves to dudes with Wake ties. They'll all find out about the opening and will surely be interested

ive-got-a-bad-feeling-about-this-www-nerdatron-com-8.gif

Back