• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

If this is true, WF managed to ruin Currie before he even officially started. And managed to give out quite possibly an all-time horrible contract to a historically atrocious coach.

To Wellman, the BOT, and President Hatch - congrats you lot of complete idiots. Just further proof that Hatch was a huge part of why ND had that period of bad athletics while he was at that school.

I'll walk up and have someone hand me free tickets for football, but that's about it.

I grew up a fan starting in 1975. I can't get behind absolute stupidity and not trying.

Did not sign up for that.

Relax folks. This is just a tactic to get the big donors to pass the hat around one more time.

I just can't believe Currie would take the job with an announcement of his hiring before the Manning decision if we were keeping Danny around. No way I would agree to that if I were him.

Even if true the pr is just a terrible terrible look

If Manning is retained, a sky banner above the spring game would seem appropriate.
Rumors that the $18 million is closer to reality than many want to believe, but I don't see how one more year of salary is going to change that equation much anyway, especially not in comparison to the revolt and lost revenue that would result from keeping Manning in place.

if it's guaranteed then even more reason to part ways now. it's like eating a steak and half way through you realize its poisoned. you feel ill but not dead yet so try to get your money back but are told you have to pay for it regardless. wake is having a few more bites to "get their money's worth."

Dino was fired for “lack of success in the postseason.”

tenor.gif

I wish he had a lunatic fringe that would actually make things uncomfortable for Wellman/Currie.

#metoo

If he is retained, I will never pull for Wake basketball again.

No one that stupid deserves a penny of my money ever. Ever.

I’ll be here as well if he’s retained. College basketball just became the equivalent of the NBA to me. This is like losing a loved one to a degenerative disease, only that disease is Ron Wellman. RIP Wake Basketball. I’ll always remember the good times.

cool cool, see you all again next year about this time to see if our donor class of effete gentlemen in pressed khakis and Brooks Brothers sports coats can bring themselves to make a goddamn decision not advised to them by a financial planner

cool cool, see you all again next year about this time to see if our donor class of effete gentlemen in pressed khakis and Brooks Brothers sports coats can bring themselves to make a goddamn decision not advised to them by a financial planner

To be fair, I think even a financial planner would point out how obvious this decision is.

i just can't fathom he is kept. this is like a bad dream. maybe wellman was forced out because they realized they couldn't fire manning so may as well fire someone.

Manning's contract is reported to be about $1.8m a year. He has six years left, how is the buyout $18m?

Fuck Currie too. If he agreed to this, he is just as bad as the rest of them.

Eh, maybe. If it’s your dream job, you do what it takes to get it. If Manning is staying (and I still don’t think he is), Currie has the perfect excuse and can forever blame Wellman (and all the other morons that enabled him).

Back