• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Hell, if there *IS* some kind of "guarentee deal" with Chill to let him coach until Brandon graduates, Nestor as Interim would still honor that.
And, the overall experience of the head coach would be much more trustable.

Chill could be on the 6 year plan so that may never end.

You've posted the same shit over and over without any context. Wellman was on the NCAA committee the year Fuckface was fired. He was not around Wake between the time Wake lost in the ACCT and selection Sunday. No such excuse now.

The final day of the ACCT and Selection Sunday are the same day.

Without knowing any of the KVegas details, the fact that things are so screwed up behind the scenes that Wake can’t dump an abject faure of a coach after 5 awful seasons is further proof that it’s past time to napalm the whole fucking program and anyone associated with it.

This is just a terrible look. Bringing back Manning when he knows that he is not wanted by the school or the fans is just awful. He will be unable to recruit and we all know he is unable to coach.

Just an embarrassment to the conference at this point.

We have a freaking law school, for God's sakes. Can't we get some lawyers to make this shit stain go away?

no idea how recruiting would work if Manning comes back. "hey kid, come play for some other coach at Wake who may not even want you."

Without knowing any of the KVegas details, the fact that things are so screwed up behind the scenes that Wake can’t dump an abject faure of a coach after 5 awful seasons is further proof that it’s past time to napalm the whole fucking program and anyone associated with it.

This is just a terrible look. Bringing back Manning when he knows that he is not wanted by the school or the fans is just awful. He will be unable to recruit and we all know he is unable to coach.

Just an embarrassment to the conference at this point.

We have a freaking law school, for God's sakes. Can't we get some lawyers to make this shit stain go away?

AMEN! To all of this.

But considering we foisted a coach and his son on him, then a consultant (Nestor), perhaps he does feel he wasn't given the opportunity to rule the roost how he saw fit. But we also allowed you to hire your damn son for no good reason save for cuz he's your son! This is insanity but hoopla did mention something about the Van der Plumps or whomever with respect to the BTS drama unfolding, probably since November. Sigh.

Randolph’s relationship with the players is bad or good?

Bad...I see now that I wasn't clear enough. I was replying to a post that said bringing on Randolph was a problem. Based on what I've hear, I agree.

I know right? How is it even possible to legally bind us into a "no way out" situation like such ON TOP OF the ridiculous buyout terms?? Would Randolph really blame us and take us to court over breach of contract? Does Brandon need his Dad THAT much?? WTF?

No way, this can't be. Then again, Rome burns while Dopey fiddles and diddles.

This just smells of the same old crap that leaks out of the AD's office about any coach when things go bad. #culture

When Skip passed, I think all of us knew we were in for tough days ahead, but it would have been impossible to predict how dark and that the days would lead to a decade. Wellman is certainly not responsible for Skip's passing, but he is for the death of the basketball program and incredible mismanagement of it. What's sickening is the propaganda that still comes out of WF and some corners of leadership of what Wellman accomplished at Wake. Sure he did some good things, but he destroyed the flagship program and I still believe it will be years, no matter the coach, before it gets back to being competitive.

Bad...I see now that I wasn't clear enough. I was replying to a post that said bringing on Randolph was a problem. Based on what I've hear, I agree.

But if his relationship with the players is bad, why would they care if he got fired?

giphy.gif

The Childress situation shouldn't be that complicated. If there was some sort of off-the-record commitment to keep him around until Brandon leaves, get him a job in fund-raising or as one of the WF people dedicated to the new ACC Network. Otherwise, Manning's buy-out terms are what they are. Understand that WF may have some basis to try to negotiate a smaller buy-out, but those aren't the kind of issues that would normally cause a coach to get an extra year, when everyone is ready for a change.

I'm still thinking that WF doesn't want to make the move official until they know that they have a binding commitment for a replacement. Some of the candidates are coaching tomorrow and Friday. Some other candidates may be waiting to see how the dominos fall over the next two weeks (e.g., hearing increasingly loud rumors that Self is gone from KS when the season ends; not buying that there is any legit KS interest in Manning; also, hearing there will be additional Will Wade-like revelations which will lead to more prominent jobs becoming open; guys like Matta and Oats are aware of this and have enough leverage to wait to assess all possible opportunities).

Also, think that Currie learned from the TN Football experience that it's bad for the school if the job is open for an extended time because that leads to rumors that candidates are rejecting the school's offers which freaks out the fanbase, and reduces the school's leverage. With Manning still technically as the HC, less likely for rumors to leak out about candidates rejecting WF overtures.

Last edited:
^^^^^

Makes sense Pilch. And it also makes sense that Danny's agent / legal team are using whatever they can as leverage to cement their position for no latitude on the buyout negotiations.

Which throws a wrench into things budget wise since Wake is run by penny-pinching maroons that only care about administrative bloat and propagating this BS narrative that we're a world-class Top 20 university that still caters to its students (small class size, regional college feel). If anything, if you wanna be a big-time player, it would follow you'd like your FB & BB programs to be big-time as well. You are trying to make money right?

ahh, it wouldn't be a true Wake Forest (potential!) exit without some alleged, vague scuttlebutt of nefarious off-court behavior

Why can't Baptists just fire people for sucking at their job/not meeting expectations and be done with it?

Reading this thread is like watching an episode of Ancient Aliens. A vague second hand rumor is taken as fact. Someone proposes a hypothetical conspiracy theory based on that rumor which is also taken as fact, leading to more hypothetical outrage scenarios.

ahh, it wouldn't be a true Wake Forest (potential!) exit without some alleged, vague scuttlebutt of nefarious off-court behavior

Why can't Baptists just fire people for sucking at their job/not meeting expectations and be done with it?

Its always the Baptists fault. Its probably cause they dont drink

Reading this thread is like watching an episode of Ancient Aliens. A second hand rumor is taken as fact. Someone proposes a hypothetical conspiracy theory based on that rumor which is also taken as fact, leading to more hypothetical outrage scenarios.

First post on this one - glad to be part of the lunatic fringe. Been lurking for the past 48 hours and have to agree with this, although, I kinda do like watching Ancient Aliens.

My thoughts are even more bleak than nefarious conspiracies, legal hang ups, contract hoodoo and the like. I think if they retain him, it'll be because the powers that be HONESTLY believe Manning has us on the right track.

Which is the scariest thing I've seen posted here.

^^^^^

Makes sense Pilch. And it also makes sense that Danny's agent / legal team are using whatever they can as leverage to cement their position for no latitude on the buyout negotiations.

Which throws a wrench into things budget wise since Wake is run by penny-pinching maroons that only care about administrative bloat and propagating this BS narrative that we're a world-class Top 20 university that still caters to its students (small class size, regional college feel). If anything, if you wanna be a big-time player, it would follow you'd like your FB & BB programs to be big-time as well. You are trying to make money right?
So how did you get the idea wake is a for profit organization with shareholders. ? Like it or not their main objective remains educational.

Last edited:
Back