• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

Now that would be a God that just enjoys fucking with people.

He works in mysterious ways! Who woulda thunk that when He murdered Skip, it was all just part of His plan to reunite Danny Manning and the Atlanta Hawks.

and with the rumors that JC is playing a big part in bringing everyone together, it gets downright Biblical

KVegas did not refer to TT; knowell did, and it was a reference to Terence Thompson allegedly being told by Manning he would start, which then allegedly bound Manning to start him even as he sucked

it was a total non-sequitor

Was this ever more than a message board version of the telephone game? Because it made absolutely no sense. Even if Manning "promised" him that he would start, what would be the recourse if he stopped starting him once Thompson proved to be not very good? I am pretty sure that the two didn't enter into some written contract that had penalties if Manning didn't start him in every single game. And it wasn't like Thompson was some prized recruit - I'm not sure he even started for Marshall. The reason he probably started is because the only other guy on the team that could play PF was Donovan Mitchell, and he didn't exactly put the "power" in power forward.

The big difference IMO is that if anything Buzz or Texas Tech would OWE VTech money they could then use to buy Shaka. We have the opposite problem. Whatever happens with Danny, we certainly won't be playing with house money like VTech.

Love the irony if TAMU money ends up going into Shaka's pocket. Isn't Texas one of the states without a personal income tax? Buzz will be living large, although the cost of living is bound to be higher in College Station than in B-burg.

Was this ever more than a message board version of the telephone game? Because it made absolutely no sense. Even if Manning "promised" him that he would start, what would be the recourse if he stopped starting him once Thompson proved to be not very good? I am pretty sure that the two didn't enter into some written contract that had penalties if Manning didn't start him in every single game. And it wasn't like Thompson was some prized recruit - I'm not sure he even started for Marshall. The reason he probably started is because the only other guy on the team that could play PF was Donovan Mitchell, and he didn't exactly put the "power" in power forward.

I think that was all part of the plan to get Manning back to the Hawks

Manning returning home to the Atlanta Hawks to be the big man assistant coach is exactly like Ichiro coming back to suit up for the Mariners or Lebron and the Cavs. Inspirational. There won’t be a dry eye in State Farm Arena (where the Atlanta Hawks play) when he makes his first appearance.

"I enjoy the energy and the excitement. I enjoy being on campus, the interaction with the young people that we come in contact with. You have to have the energy to want to do that. "

What energy? Are you saving it all for 2020?

the surgeon that did danny's first ACL was the same surgeon i had for my knee surgery!

Are you also a pitiful coach who doesn't know his ass from his elbow? Or was that surgical complication a one-time deal?

Are you also a pitiful coach who doesn't know his ass from his elbow? Or was that surgical complication a one-time deal?

one time deal

i'm just a bald white dude that spends too much time on sports msg boards

Moments like these bring together the Board like none other. It's like we all rejoice in our collective insanity.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Wake style with Wellman as Nurse Ratchet and Manning as the meds.

I do think Randolph became more assertive & involved the 2nd 1/2 of the season. Somewhat coinciding with the improved play late. Longtime season ticket holder-cannot say with certainty about the situation-just my observation from a distance.

Moments like these bring together the Board like none other. It's like we all rejoice in our collective insanity.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Wake style with Wellman as Nurse Ratchet and Manning as the meds.

giphy.gif

Back