• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why not Bring in Larry Brown?

DeacDoug

Reaction score
I hope that DM is still salvageable. Larry Brown is one of the best coaches in basketball history. As a Sixers fan, there is no doubt he can coach. Larry does not seem to be a great judge of talent and his recruiting tactics may be questionable.

I would bring in Larry for 2-3 weeks before the start of the season to access and teach Wake players. We all agree that the defense MUST be better. Then, if things go wrong, bring him back in January to correct the problems. Pay him a $100,00 per week or so. Money relatively is no object if we can improve the program. Let Larry help Danny succeed.

Exactly. At this point I'd take Dave Bliss or Jerry Sandusky if it meant we were in the dance for a few years. I honestly didn't even know we were playing in the ACC tournament tonight until I just opened this board for the first time in a few days.

Hire any coach who has a system of paying players. I don't care about Wake's Southern aristocratic genteel sensibilities. I just want wins. In basketball.

Larry Brown is 77. He turns 78 in November.

That said, I have no doubt that he would take the job.

I want to be dirty, oh so dirty. Just once. Just give me that chance.

Henry danger did a wonderful job turning around his sisters team. Take him

We should get that Louisville asst that hooked up the hookers

Memphis is going to beat you to him.

Exactly. At this point I'd take Dave Bliss or Jerry Sandusky if it meant we were in the dance for a few years. I honestly didn't even know we were playing in the ACC tournament tonight until I just opened this board for the first time in a few days.
What a dumb post.

says the guy whose team has a national championship that they won by cheating and will doubtless defend it all day long

Back