• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we defeat Dayton?

Will Wake beat Dayton?

• Yes

Votes: 79 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 54 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what you got out of my post? Fuck's sake...

You really need to stop talking out of your ass. It's fine if you don't understand Pomeroy, but there's no reason to lobby others not to use it.

I encourage others to use it... after a couple months into the season when it isn't just an educated guess by a smart man with a good algorithm.

Not sure what is different between me thinking it isn't a strong indicator of anything at this point of the season and you thinking it is such a strong indicator of teams at this point. What makes me the asshole and you somehow magnanimous on our opinions of the validity of KemPom 3 weeks into a season?

I already said earlier in the post to pick 5 teams of the 345 in the nation (totally your choice) and if you get even 3 of the 5 right which deviate more than 3 wins in either direction from KenPom I would be extremely impressed.

I don't know, and will certainly not pay $20 bucks to find out, what teams are projected to finish at this season.

UNLV at 15 currently made me chuckle a bit, tho. This the UNLV team with 5 wins over these teams: Grand Canyon, Nevada-Reno, Canisius, Morgan State and Cal Poly.

It humors me how much you guys consider KemPom the Bible. It really does. You guys get so worked up that others don't consider it the be all and end all of college basketball, especially just a few weeks into the season when you accept that it is basically an educated guess at this point.

I already said earlier in the post to pick 5 teams of the 345 in the nation (totally your choice) and if you get even 3 of the 5 right which deviate more than 3 wins in either direction from KenPom I would be extremely impressed.

I wonder what numbers circa 2009 would say to this post.

Back