• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we defeat Dayton?

Will Wake beat Dayton?

• Yes

Votes: 79 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 54 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this was during a week when students were on campus, I'd like our chances but due to it being a holiday, this game will essentially be played on a neutral court. Adv Dayton.

If this was during a week when students were on campus, I'd like our chances but due to it being a holiday, this game will essentially be played on a neutral court. Adv Dayton.

I'm gonna have to disagree because the game is being played in Orlando.

Well technically he is correct...it's exactly like playing it on a neutral court.

Point Hogie.

Well technically he is correct...it's exactly like playing it on a neutral court.

Point Hogie.

20048442yu.gif

27, I'm not very familiar with KenPom - is there any reason to believe that those numbers/rankings would be a bit inflated at the beginning of the season, given that there is less data to work with for each team?

If by "inflated", you mean "less accurate", then you are absolutely correct. Like any model, KenPom becomes more meaningful with more data.

There is every reason to think that, WFUtoUSC. Those numbers are next to meaningless just a couple weeks into the season. It is ruthlessly absurd to even try to pretend they mean anything right now after just a handful of games for each team, IMO.

This post is complete nonsense. If you want to ignore KenPom, feel free, but please stop spreading misinformation.

My sister went to UD and the first college team I saw live was the Flyers, so I have mixed feelings. Even so, Wake 86 - Flyers 72.

If by "inflated", you mean "less accurate", then you are absolutely correct. Like any model, KenPom becomes more meaningful with more data.

This post is complete nonsense. If you want to ignore KenPom, feel free, but please stop spreading misinformation.

Thanks. I've gotten a bit more information about KenPom through my own research and from the debate that has developed on this thread, so I think I understand it. Hope we get a win tonight. Go Deacs!

well put. I'm not sure I completely understand the way his early season stats work. I was under the impression that before any games were played, he did his best to rank every team based on some kind of system. can you explain?

He uses models based on returning minutes based off of important minutes. Better players' minutes are weighted more heavily in returning or not returning. He also uses RSCI Top 50 as a barometer for freshman and doesn't weight the other ones for the most part IIRC. So if you're a top 50 freshman I think you're weighted but if not, you're not. I'm sure Stonz or Doofus can answer it better than me.

He uses models based on returning minutes based off of important minutes. Better players' minutes are weighted more heavily in returning or not returning. He also uses RSCI Top 50 as a barometer for freshman and doesn't weight the other ones for the most part IIRC. So if you're a top 50 freshman I think you're weighted but if not, you're not. I'm sure Stonz or Doofus can answer it better than me.

Thats what I figured. It would be nice if the impact of those preseason stats would taper off as more info was gathered, and this might be the case, but I'm not sure.

Thats what I figured. It would be nice if the impact of those preseason stats would taper off as more info was gathered, and this might be the case, but I'm not sure.

I'm almost positive that it does, but it also feeds off of itself because that is how some of the adjustments for efficiency are made I believe.

I'm almost positive that it does, but it also feeds off of itself because that is how some of the adjustments for efficiency are made I believe.

That makes sense. I'm stoked for this game btw I voted a big ole emphatic YES in the poll.

I'm feelin' Cumberland right now (always nervous). I think it's gonna be a close game, hope we can pull it out.

We really need to put an emphasis on crashing the boards on both ends of the court, which will be hard to do while running our offense. I'm hoping Carson plays with a little more fire than he's shown in his first couple outings.

also, LOL at Cumdeac

I think Travis is going to start picking it up even more on the boards. Hopefully CD and DG can chip in at least 10 between them as well.

We really need to put an emphasis on crashing the boards on both ends of the court, which will be hard to do while running our offense. I'm hoping Carson plays with a little more fire than he's shown in his first couple outings.

also, LOL at Cumdeac

ABSOLUTELY! Carson needs to get the fire in him. If he starts playing with some passion and makes his presence known in the post while still maintaining his composure, watch out.

Back